BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea Exchange Triage

Is anyone else, like me, slightly bothered that there are nearly 1300 "New" ideas on the LabVIEW Idea Exchange, some which date back to the beginning of the forum? Smiley Surprised

I think it would be beneficial if there was some attempt at a triage of the existing ideas by "official" NI people who can realistically evaluate the likelihood of ideas ever actually being implemented, or even to give some feedback on the pros and cons of various ideas or groups of ideas (themes).  It may be helpful to have a few more Statuses for ideas to be put into, such as Rejected (i.e. "Never in a million years!"), Impossible (for ideas that just won't work in the LabVIEW code), Important (but not immediately able to be addressed), Needs Work (for ideas that are good, but need more thought and development) and so on.  This would enable better ideas to be put forward, and better evaluation of existing ideas.

Personally I'd love some feedback whether any of my suggested ideas were feasible or not - even if that's negative, then it helps to know what I'll always need to work around! 

Complementary to this, it would be useful to have a higher-level organisation of the ideas, perhaps a new forum, which groups a number of related ideas (e.g. For Loop changes!!) and allows some coordinated discussion of the theme, rather than having that discussion split, repeated, fragmented or even lost amongst many different idea threads.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 5
(9,433 Views)

Great idea !

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(9,421 Views)

I like your  suggestion to sort the ideas.  Especially reming the ones which have been implemented from the list.  And maybe placing those that will be implemented in some future relase into a section indicating so.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(9,404 Views)

A lot of discussion is available at the Feedback forums.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(9,395 Views)

I missed that thread when searching.  But I think I'm suggesting something a little more substantial than simply archiving ideas below a threshold.

In any case, that thread is 5-6 months old, so perhaps a small reminder of the need to do something doesn't hurt.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(9,378 Views)