BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea Exchange: Post your lonely orphans

I have posted this and this ideas and expected that it will make a good option when working with a large code but not appreciated much. May be this one also.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 71 of 107
(4,763 Views)

This is one of those rare times where I have few minutes of spare time.  Haven't had any of that lately, as witnessed by my absence from the forum.  So I will take the opportunity to pitch ONCE MORE for an implementation of a new FOR LOOP option.  Right clicking on the border brings up a sub menu where one can choose to switch from the regular For Loop with the N input to a For Loop with three inputs, Start, Stop, and Step size.  I once more found a good use for this kind of structure but with the present For Loop I was forced to use shift registers and other logic to form the index.  Sorry I don't have enough time to search for and post the link to the original idea, but I'm sure you recall that this was presented more than once.

Please NI, add this functionality to the For Loop.  It is available in every text language out there.  Why should LabVIEW be lacking this functionality?  Again, this would be a right click option.  If you want to use the For Loop the way it is (and I would do so most of the time), then you don't have to do anything out of the ordinary.  But for those special cases where you need to perform a loop such as:

For N=2 to 20 step 2

It would be so much easier to use the proposed functionality.  Come on guys, lets get behind this idea and see if we can get NI to add the functionality to the current For Loop.  Eventually you will find it very useful.  This would also stop staunch C programmers from saying that their For Loop is better than Labview's For Loop.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 72 of 107
(4,714 Views)

@tbob wrote:

Please NI, add this functionality to the For Loop. 

For referece, the related idea can be found here.

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 107
(4,705 Views)

Please concider Kudoing TiTou's idea to Bring back the State Diagram Editor!

This is a preview of teh SDE in the event you have not seen it in action.

Thank you!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 74 of 107
(4,643 Views)

Labelling defaults

To increase the left to right readability i like to put control labels on the left en indicator labels on the right (or top left/right), but that cannot be done by default! What i suggest is simply separate labelling defaults for Controls and Indicators!

UI suggestion.png

/Y 

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 75 of 107
(4,613 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Labelling defaults

/Y 

First of all, I would not consider that an orphan yet.  Secondly, it is a duplicate of this idea that has 268 kudos (which is why yours only has 2).  Thirdly, it is in Beta.  Fourthly, your link is broken.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 76 of 107
(4,653 Views)

Strange, i didn't get that when i searched for it. Oh well, bump for the other idea! 🙂

/Y 

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 77 of 107
(4,643 Views)

This is a sort of Idea for the NI Forum

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 107
(4,606 Views)

I stumbled upon a couple of older ideas that don't have as many kudos as I think they deserve. Sorry if they are already listed as lonely orphans but I don't feel like clicking all the links in this thread. Maybe I will write a VI someday that takes a URL input and querys this thread returning a Boolean called "Is Lonely Orphan"

General Comparison Operator (as an Express VI?)

Negative input on boolean functions

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 107
(4,563 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 80 of 107
(4,519 Views)