BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea Exchange: Post your lonely orphans

@Darin.K wrote:

c'mon, do the math it is both fun and good for you.  Smiley Tongue

(I always thought you should be able to double-click and enter the number of terminals in a small dialog, a la Array to Cluster)

But many people want that changed. As seen here.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 107
(7,594 Views)

My analogy to that function should go no further than the appearance of that dialog with a single numeric input. Purely an edit time shortcut and unlike array to cluster there is no ensuing obfuscation. Mentioning it in this thread to cut out the middleman since it would be a future orphan. Maybe it has a ghost of a chance, but I doubt it would get the 2112 Kudos needed, so I guess I'll just relax and get busy with the facts.

Darn iPad has ruined my iPhone typing skills, this is taking forever....

Message 32 of 107
(7,591 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

My analogy to that function should go no further than the appearance of that dialog with a single numeric input. Purely an edit time shortcut and unlike array to cluster there is no ensuing obfuscation. Mentioning it in this thread to cut out the middleman since it would be a future orphan. Maybe it has a ghost of a chance, but I doubt it would get the 2112 Kudos needed, so I guess I'll just relax and get busy with the facts.

Darn iPad has ruined my iPhone typing skills, this is taking forever....

If you choose not to Kudo you still have made a choice.

Richard

Message 33 of 107
(7,576 Views)

"Right-click >>> Find Events"

I'd like to be able to pop-up on any control and find all of the event structures with events registered for that control. When done at run time it will also find dynamic events.

If someone knows how to do this great! please share with me.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 34 of 107
(7,415 Views)

@Ben wrote:

"Right-click >>> Find Events"

I'd like to be able to pop-up on any control and find all of the event structures with events registered for that control. When done at run time it will also find dynamic events.

If someone knows how to do this great! please share with me.

Ben

Does somebody want to post Ben's idea on the Exchange? I don't have time right now. Smiley Sad

Richard

Message 35 of 107
(7,361 Views)

This is not my idea, but I think it deserves significantly more attention. Eight Kudos in five months is way (way!!!) too low! 😞

(See also my comment elsewhere).

A simple change like allows the programmer to have better control over inplaceness and elliminates complex input checking. Any advanced UI needs arrays on the front panel to simplify the layout and streamline the code underneath. It will be even more important if we ever get this idea implemented. 😄

This forum is full of code examples where users fail to harness the power of array controls or indicators. 

Message 36 of 107
(7,346 Views)

altenbach wrote:

[...]

Any advanced UI needs arrays on the front panel to simplify the layout and streamline the code underneath.

[...]

So true. I often use clusters where arrays would have been so much more efficient. I've even converted arrays to clusters, and back again, so that they'll look like I want. Smiley Surprised 

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 107
(7,339 Views)

Add block diagram design for typdefs

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 38 of 107
(7,238 Views)

This old idea never got the attention it deserves - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/An-output-terminal-for-feedback-nodes-that-mirrors-the...

tst a écrit :

This old idea never got the attention it deserves - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/An-output-terminal-for-feedback-nodes-that-mirrors-the...

One more kudo !

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 107
(7,072 Views)