BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to heal hangover (free discussion) - LV analogues possible (do not code drunk!)?

Yes, embarrassing ourselves can be a common side effect of drinking 🙂 For me, such weekend session also destroys my serotonin level. For a few days I sleep like waking up randomly overnight. Interesting that how alcohol is harmful in many different levels. These kind of weekends should be 100% replaced by doing sport instead. Creates natural "happy drugs" in the brain, and no negative damages to your body (unless you are in a competition where you want to show off for the ladies, and killing your Achilles uphill in a very dumb way 😄 well, I think I can start jogging slowly again, after a 3 month healing break... )

Mother Theresa??? That is a story! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,389 Views)

Quick thinking though to say "Oh MY", without the "G". She might have smacked you... (Would that have made an even better story?)

Don't do much drinking anymore (kids really destroy the hangover experience). CLA summits have been good occasions though...

I do enjoy a nice "special" bear every now and then. These where on sale last week: gulpener-gladiator... Only one of them doesn't give me an old-times hangover, but sure can feel it the next day.

Message 12 of 15
(2,373 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

Not to mention our national drinks, pálinka :)

I loved everything about my trip to Hungary except palinka. I think it's just part of some cruel joke played on foreigners.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,346 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

@Blokk wrote:

Not to mention our national drinks, pálinka :)

I loved everything about my trip to Hungary except palinka. I think it's just part of some cruel joke played on foreigners.

I guess you visited Debrecen too (NI)? 🙂 Well, it is not easy for foreigners to handle pálinka. Specially because it usually comes with 50% alcohol. Socializing in any Hungarian university can help though 😄

In some other cases the problem is not the strength, but the bad quality. Good part of Budapest is also a nice tourist trap (like any other capitals in Europe). Selling low quality imported paprika as local product well overpriced, treating poor tourists with waste pálinka, etc... 🙂 When foreign friends ask me about Hungary, I always advise against Budapest. Ok, it is good for 1-2 days, nice buildings, the Danube, the history. But the real fun is in the country side. National parks, nature reserves, mountains, rivers, wine making areas. If you can get a local guide, than you can see the real Hungary 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,332 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

But the real fun is in the country side. National parks, nature reserves, mountains, rivers, wine making areas. If you can get a local guide, than you can see the real Hungary 🙂

I can confirm the lovely country side. The nature is great, and local bars have .5 liter beers for prices you won't believe (back on topic). Ok, last time I've been there was 20 years ago...

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,322 Views)