BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to heal hangover (free discussion) - LV analogues possible (do not code drunk!)?

Well. 🙂

We had an interesting night, and I came to the point that I am curious about other people's hangover healing technics....

1. Keep drinking
  2. Keep sleeping
  3. Cook something, you can take some remedy beer, but anyway
  4. "Wait until that day goes" (from a very wise old man from my village)

I am right now combining point 1. and 3. Lets see how it evolves. But still interested in that, how you people handle hangover? Recipes are welcome from other countries! 🙂

Disclaimer: human beings should not metabolize alcohol (too much), but keep sober as we can function better! 🙂

ps: This is for today: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pal%C3%B3c_soup

Almost perfect, but not today :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-VWNnONxGc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,817 Views)

ah, and good music can also help...

https://youtu.be/vt1Pwfnh5pc

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(6,798 Views)

And since I am in love with Portugal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVCz6N9XgAU

(pretty like Hungary, but with more happy people 🙂 )

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(6,790 Views)

I should have done point 2. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(6,757 Views)

Quite a weekend hu?  I found if I avoid beer and just go liquor, cider, or wine I don't really have a hangover.  That being said I found the cure is to take another shot...well okay maybe that isn't the cure but it's what I've been trying.

Also two fun graphs.

ballmer_peak.png72fd93316eb90e7b35ae77a5b329d7b7--funny-alcohol-drinks-alcohol.jpg

I have definitely programmed drunk and had a great time.  Got lots of good stuff done, and it was fun to code review my own work the next day.  That being said I've also tried soldering drunk, and that was less successful.

Message 5 of 15
(6,731 Views)

Nice cartoon! 😄

Yep, mixing alcohol types not a good idea, specially hard stuff with beer. If I only take some good quality wine with a nice dinner, no problem.

What is interesting, I am still coughing on hangover days a bit. I used to be a smoker, and drinking always made me smoke just too much cigarettes. Even if I quit smoking many years ago, my body somehow connects the alcohol consumption with smoke intake, and tries to clean my lungs. Even if I did not smoke. A kind of interesting Pavlovian-reflex 🙂

Quit smoking actually halved the suffering on such days 🙂 Next step is to quit drinking 😄

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(6,727 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

Yep, mixing alcohol types not a good idea, specially hard stuff with beer.

See this has never been my problem.  Wine, with vodka, with rum, with hard cider, with tequila, with whiskey, no problem (unless it is copious amounts).  But if I have four Bud Lights I'm going to be having problems the next day.  I just limit myself to one real beer a night and I'm mostly okay.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(6,718 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@Blokk wrote:

Yep, mixing alcohol types not a good idea, specially hard stuff with beer.

See this has never been my problem.  Wine, with vodka, with rum, with hard cider, with tequila, with whiskey, no problem (unless it is copious amounts).  But if I have four Bud Lights I'm going to be having problems the next day.  I just limit myself to one real beer a night and I'm mostly okay.

Interesting...combining those shots and wine would kill me. But I can drink 3-4 liters of beer (German pils) without problems. Maybe you have gluten allergy? I have heard some people get gluten intolerance when they drink beer. Some others react badly to yeast found in beer.

Another thing which works for me, to drink high quality shots distillated from fruits. For example, good quality grappa/törköly/bagac does not give me stomach problems. Not to mention our national drinks, pálinka 🙂

However, shots made from crop (whiskey, vodka, etc) give me always troubles.

edit: haha, I just learned a new English word from wikipedia... "bootlegged" 😄

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(6,712 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

Maybe you have gluten allergy? I have heard some people get gluten intolerance when they drink beer. Some others react badly to yeast found in beer.

Maybe.  I'm just going to do the best to avoid things my body doesn't like.

@Blokk wrote:

edit: haha, I just learned a new English word from wikipedia... "bootlegged" 😄

Oh yes, America has quite an interesting history when it comes to alcohol, temperance, and prohibition.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(6,703 Views)

"Friends don't let Friends drink and NI"

Luckily, the Forums has a built in feature to protect us from ourselves

That being said, there are worse things that can happen.

This actually happened to me....

<Sea Story>

As a young single sailor I was wandering around a foreign town near an area known for a number of orphanages in the locale.  (Other establishments more too my taste were also prevalent in the same area)  

Having sampled some of the beverages, I was wandering in pursuit of avoiding a hangover per Blokk's  avoiding a hangover suggestion 1.

It was unavoidable for me to bump into a group traveling the other way (the sidewalk was rather narrow and twisty as I recall)  T hen I suddenly remembered that the Nobel Laureates were in town and had the following exchange of pleasantries. 

Me: Oh MY! Aren't you Mother Theresa?

Mother Theresa: Yes. Oh MY! Aren't you Drunk?

</Sea Story>

You can't make up stories that embarassing!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 10 of 15
(6,688 Views)