From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to NOT get help

I put some code into an "event case" of my main VI and it does not work, but I will not show you what I actually did.

Instead I am showing you all a picture of code that works.

Sigh!

(seen here)

Message 1 of 5
(2,416 Views)

Just be thankful it wasn't a cellphone screenshot of the front panel 🙂

This reminds me of a story. I once had a tester deployed in another state that needed some troubleshooting. I asked the engineer there to send me some screenshots so I could get the values to help me narrow down what was going on.  Note that this tester was connected to the internet and running Windows 10 on an embedded PXIe controller.

He ended up:

-Taking pictures of the monitor with a digital camera

-Printing those pictures

-Scanning the printed pictures

-Emailing the scan.

It became a running joke in the office for a few months.

Message 2 of 5
(2,367 Views)

Sounds like the guy who needed some more blank paper and ended up making double-sided photocopies of a blank sheet of paper. 😄

Message 3 of 5
(2,351 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Sounds like the guy who needed some more blank paper and ended up making double-sided photocopies of a blank sheet of paper. 😄

I actually automated that at some point.

Spoiler

But that was to test the copiers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,112 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

He ended up:

-Taking pictures of the monitor with a digital camera

-Printing those pictures

-Scanning the printed pictures

-Emailing the scan.

It became a running joke in the office for a few months.

I've had this done a handful of times when working in the defense industry (although it's always been a printscreen). One person even labeled all of the non-primitive functions after printing out the VI which was very helpful.

I've also seen a couple of cell phone pictures but it has always been of a blue screen or an RT Pharlap screen. I remember in one of the images you could see a very clear reflection of the two operators taking the picture which I thought was funny.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,101 Views)