BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many LabVIEW panels are in this picture?

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

Go SpaceX, go!

And they are still hiring:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Job-Openings/SpaceX-seeking-full-time-LabVIEW-programmer-to-join-Tex...

-AK2DM

I belive we can account for that opening when we hired away one of their developers.

The space frontier like the old west is is where you will find guns wire-worker for hire.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 21 of 43
(7,871 Views)

It is indeed a LabVIEW-based Mission Control system (and pad control system).   SpaceX has an extensive, and experienced, team of LV developers.  I know because I used to be one of them (family priorities and such took me away from Southern CA).  SpaceX is a company to watch with regards to what LV can do- there is a real open-mindedness there to adopt new ways of thinking.  We may see LabVIEW running on board the Dragon one of these days.   Today I'm feeling really proud of the guys there and what they've accomplished, as well as my legacy in it. Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 43
(7,864 Views)

Thank you Garvacious!

It is much more interesting hearing from the inside rather than just looking in.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 43
(7,860 Views)

Just so long as they make sure to check for space race conditions 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 43
(7,822 Views)

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

Oh HECK NO-  who will get to the moon next?  A national space admininistration or a corporate entity-  This I gotta see!  Exciting times.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 43
(7,817 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

Oh HECK NO-  who will get to the moon next?  A national space admininistration or a corporate entity-  This I gotta see!  Exciting times.

Yes, exciting times. Guess all those sci-fi flicks with the dystopic views of the future where corporations rule everywhere, including space, isn't that far-fetched now, is it? Next up: an advertising banner on the moon that you really can see from earth.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 43
(7,800 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

Yes, exciting times. Guess all those sci-fi flicks with the dystopic views of the future where corporations rule everywhere, including space, isn't that far-fetched now, is it? Next up: an advertising banner on the moon that you really can see from earth.

The moon? Perhaps you mean the GoDaddy Orbiting Lighting Unit?
Message 27 of 43
(7,773 Views)

@tst wrote:

And it looks like they're hiring - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Job-Openings/SpaceX-Los-Angeles-CA/td-p/1269944/

I have three friends that currently work for them. It seems they love the gig, but I'd also love living in so-cal and being part of something ground breaking (no pun Smiley LOL)

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 43
(7,772 Views)

@for(imstuck) wrote:

@tst wrote:

And it looks like they're hiring - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Job-Openings/SpaceX-Los-Angeles-CA/td-p/1269944/

I have three friends that currently work for them. It seems they love the gig, but I'd also love living in so-cal and being part of something ground breaking (no pun Smiley LOL)

It would be out of this world to work there. Would be so uplifting to be part of the monumental (oh yeah nice word) moment.

Message 29 of 43
(7,769 Views)

A short Sea Story then a question.

WHen i was in New-Hire school for DEC (Digital Equipment Corp) I learned to to "chip" (verb meaning being able to troubleshoot down to the failing chip and replace same) a PDP 11/70.

The instructor regualrly drank his lunch just prior to going down to the lab (a multi acre lab) to play with the hardware. So he was very talkative and the conversation drited to "What do you tell non-techies what you do for a living?" He said he gave up trying to explain he taught people to fix computers since few people back then had a good idea what a computer was let alone teaching people to program and fix them.

So my question to Y'all;

The Dragon and CERN (NI had an add in Physics Today that toughted the LV content of CERN) are two exampls of technolgy that leveraged from the power of the LV developers.

How you YOU explain what you do to non-techies?

Curious,

Ben

Message 30 of 43
(7,747 Views)