BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you (specifically) program microcontrollers?

Greetings all,

Just for a quick clarification, I have about 5 years LV experience at this point, and longer with Python and CPP. Given the my heavy focus on LV the last 5 years, I have gotten used to the event loop style of programming, along with using frameworks like Messenger Library and DQMH.

For a private project, I have dug my Arduino out of the bottom drawer and am getting back into the world of C(++). The trouble is, I ended up starting to make an abysmal state machine using switch statements that exploded and just got really nasty with button handling. I have been looking around for a way to program the MC in a way that is more like what I am familiar with in LV.

I came across this library which claims to be an interpretation of the writings of the author behind this other, commercial, library.  It seems to be about what I am after, but I could not find any information about it other than the Github page.

As such, I figured maybe I should ask around here, as I am certain some of you have been through this before. So. How do y'all go about programming microcontrollers in a sane and modern way?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(930 Views)