BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holloween costumes at work?

I'm looking for Halloween costume ideas for the corporate office.  Not like the office portrayed on TV, where the employees show up in bloody, gory costumes as if they just finished trick or treating.

I'm talking about costumes, that while still meeting corporate policies of business casual, will still make your office mates laugh their a$$es off (or at least know that you are in costume).

The couple of ideas I've seen, or come up with so far:

• Donald Trump - Wear a suit, give yourself a bad comb over, and throw in a few voice impersonations at the water cooler... done!
  • Superman - Not the blue cape and tights guy, but Clark Kent right before getting in the phone booth (saw this one online).
  • Stewardess - (for the ladies)  Wear a skirt suit with a scarf, and add an American Airlines name tag.  Welcome aboard!
  • Cousin Eddie - From the Vegas Vacation movie, but not at the curb in a robe, during the family Christmas party.  Coffenog anyone?

I plan to wear the Cousin Eddie outfit this year.

So I have three questions:

Does anyone else dress up for Halloween in the corporate environment?

Does anyone have any good ideas to pass along?

Would anyone else ever do this without your company promoting this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(8,145 Views)

I was Hillbilly Jim, for halloween last year (the 80s wrestler) someone made a comment that I looked like him with the wild hair.  It was a costume that was mostly office friendly.  A hat, overalls, and a muscle man shirt.  Oh and I glued some fake hair to the muscle shirt.  I was also a hippy one year, hippy glasses, necklasses, tie dye shirt, bell bottom jeans.

I usually don't get dressed up, just lazy for the most part.  If work doesn't promote it, I wouldn't do it.  It's hard coming up with ideas, but I do appreciate those that do dress up.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(8,139 Views)

Wear a normal suit and hand out some of these

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 3 of 16
(8,133 Views)

MIB: Black suit and

Whenever I wear a suit in the office my colleages call me costumed 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 4 of 16
(8,100 Views)

@Henrik_Volkers wrote:

Whenever I wear a suit in the office my colleages call me costumed 😄 

Not sure if this is a regional thing, but at any job I've worked at the standard response is "Oh where is your job interview at?"  So glad I have never needed to wear a suit for a job.  Heck I'm not sure I've ever wore a tie a job interview.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(8,095 Views)

Hooovahh wrote:

Not sure if this is a regional thing, but at any job I've worked at the standard response is "Oh where is your job interview at?"  So glad I have never needed to wear a suit for a job.  Heck I'm not sure I've ever wore a tie a job interview.

We always say the same thing about the interview.  The only time I have worn a suit for the job is when I was presenting for government officials (mostly Air Force).  Last time I did have a job interview, I changed clothes before going into my then current office just to hide the fact that I was at an interview for half of the day.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 16
(8,092 Views)

Cousin Eddie from Christmas vacation. Wear a robe, rubber boots, hunters hat and carry a hose. Don't forget the cigar. Once in a while yell out: "Sh!tter was full!"

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(8,092 Views)

No, not a regional thing.  Unless you are in my region.  And when you actually are going on a job interview, you say you have to go to a funeral.  No more questions asked after that point...

Message 8 of 16
(8,080 Views)

Hey, I actually have a suit!!!

(Well, it's not really a suit, but a black suit jacket that I bought for few $ in a second hand store on Melrose avenue back in 1985. "Fresh off the boat", I needed to attend a formal reception and that was the solution. Haven't worn it in years. 🐵

My typical outfit involves free (mostly NI) t-shirts and $12 Costco blue jeans.:D.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(8,065 Views)

@PaulG. wrote:

Cousin Eddie from Christmas vacation. Wear a robe, rubber boots, hunters hat and carry a hose. Don't forget the cigar. Once in a while yell out: "Sh!tter was full!"

I still want to keep my job!  I think if I wasn't fired for wearing a robe to work, I'd at least be sitting in the HR department for a couple hours.  No thanks.  You must work in a significantly different office setting that I do.

I'm going to stick with Christmas party Cousin Eddie at work, then maybe I'll do "Sh!tter's full!" Cousin Eddie after hours.  Any other office friendly ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(8,051 Views)