BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Idea Exchange forum

On regular forums, each post has a reply button.  If I click on a particular post's reply button, I can click on the Quote button to insert their text.

On the Idea Exchange forum, I do not see any Reply button on any posts.  I don't know how to quote a particular post.  Can anyone help?

Also, there is a link labeled Permalink.  I click on it and nothing seems to happen.  What is this link for?

Thanx.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,905 Views)

@tbob wrote:

On regular forums, each post has a reply button.  If I click on a particular post's reply button, I can click on the Quote button to insert their text.

On the Idea Exchange forum, I do not see any Reply button on any posts.  I don't know how to quote a particular post.  Can anyone help?

Also, there is a link labeled Permalink.  I click on it and nothing seems to happen.  What is this link for?

Thanx.

Re: quoting

What I do is hit quote, which pastes the original idea text, and i just delete everything and switch the name to whoever I'm quoting.  See here.

I don't think I've seen anyone else do this though?

Also, that link I just linked you to is the permalink for my post in that thread. 

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,903 Views)

permalink highlights the message and saves you a click

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,835 Views)