BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guuyyyyys!!!! For the first time in history, my answer has been chosen as best answer! Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

I am getting better. Yayyyy!!!I am catching up. Watch out! 🤣

ng.Best answer.PNG

Message 1 of 10
(2,760 Views)

Congratulations.

Keep it up.

Message 2 of 10
(2,742 Views)

...and years from now, you'll be too embarrassed by the code to want to share that post with anyone.  It happens to everyone.  If it doesn't, you aren't progressing.

Celebrate while you can, then get back to churning out more (and better) code.

DISCLAIMER:

I don't have LV 2019 installed on my computer so I couldn't actually see your code.  But if your trajectory is a typical one, this prediction will surely come to pass.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 10
(2,730 Views)

So thanks for daring to even try to fix that monstrous code! I would have ignored it. 😄

Instead of attaching a picture, a link to the thread would be more useful for any of us. Consider that next time.

I would be totally embarrassed attaching file with "(1)" and even "(1)(1)" in the file name. That typically means they were download from elsewhere and attached without quoting the source or (even worse, as in this case!), modified by you and then attached without really changing the name.

After a quick look at the changes you made, I doubt the problem is solved. On a scale from 1 to 10, the original code was probably a 0.1 and you lifted it to a 0.2. This entire things needs to be rearchitected from scratch. You basically just added a bit more duct tape the the hull of the Titanic. 😧

Way too many landmines are left in your code.

• There is no pacing in the "start test" state, so the loop burns all available CPU.
  • The event structure in the CTLM code is not reachable while in the "start test" state but all events are configured to lock the front panel, so if a user would accidentally press any of the other buttons before pressing "START TEST", the VI would lock up forever and needs to be killed.
  • this is just the tip of the iceberg!!! (Yes, this is related to my Titanic comment earlier :D)

Message 4 of 10
(2,658 Views)

you would've ignored it 😄

Thank you Mr. Altenbach for the feedback. The code was extremely enormous. I just wanted to help with little I know. I personally wouldn't want to keep my code that large. I would create subVis. Also, most of us, baby programmers, have been sleeping on state machine. I see more people using flat sequence structures, and event structures forgetting about state machine. 

Below is the screenshot of one of the codes I have been working on. It can be extremely huge, but with the creation of subVis and use of state machine as main data flow engine, the code is kept small enough to fit the screen.  But I am still learning. Thanks to you, Mr. Altenbach and some other people from the forum.

GRCK5000_0-1666059632553.png

Message 5 of 10
(2,633 Views)

Thanks Intaris!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,630 Views)

Hahah... I am still growing. Trying to be like you. haha

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,628 Views)

@GRCK5000 wrote:

ng.

Well, you can mark your own post(s) as solution in this thread.

Then you have even more solutions!

Of course, that's cheating...

Message 8 of 10
(2,588 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@GRCK5000 wrote:

ng.

Solutions aren't available on Breakpoint.  But, you could move it to a solution enabled board if he asks.  

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 9 of 10
(2,324 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@GRCK5000 wrote:

ng.

Solutions aren't available on Breakpoint.  But, you could move it to a solution enabled board if he asks.  

Seems they made the forum to look like this programming language I use, with if(f)s, buts and howevers attached to everything 🙄.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,301 Views)