cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an example of a side discussion.

continued from here \\ murchak 

is right !

Right and wrong.

And I am interested in your views.  So, Murckak.  Why do you feel the NI Forums are worth your investmet?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 1 of 26
(14,948 Views)

I would express my opinion.

Here am pure selfish :D. The reason am spending my time here in NI forum is to gain knowledge not only in LabVIEW skill also in developing logic that is very important for a good programmer (and also am solving others problem when they mark my post as a solution I really feel very happy thats more than recieving kudos). I have gained a lot of knowledge but still I have a very very lot to learn from here.

Sorry if you feel boring. 🙂

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 2 of 26
(14,908 Views)

@P Anand wrote:

I would express my opinion.

Here am pure selfish :D.

Sorry if you feel boring. 🙂

Don't worry!  Spelling is optional in LabVIEW and I've allways been a Bohrer  (the family joke!  Bohrer is really pronounced that way - rhymes with more, floor, and soar!)

Message 3 of 26
(14,896 Views)

Ahh.. I din't see that.. Thank god I din't make a typo error as "bhorering" 😄

Nice start Jeff..

-----

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(14,893 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:
Don't worry!  Spelling is optional in LabVIEW and I've allways been a Bohrer  (the family joke!  Bohrer is really pronounced that way - rhymes with more, floor, and soar!)

I can't believe you are americanizing your name by making the last syllable silent. You need to have two well pronounced r's in there!*

Maybe we can just call you "Drillbit Jeff"... 😄

* type into into google translate (it will autoselect german) and press the "listen" button (little speaker icon).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(14,882 Views)

Guys,

This is really a moot point (i.e., a debatable point, not pointless, as many people have to come to think of the word moot :)). Anyway, there is no denying that many people literally do not get anything out of

solving other people's LabVIEW problems aside from a satisfaction of solving a problem. I have seen many of the posts here, some are good problems to discuss, some are very simple, and helping these people

clearly does not improve an expert's knowledge or teaching skills. And yes, there are many people who seem to improve their own knowledge of LabVIEW and problem solving skills by helping others. After all,

one best way to learn something is to teach it. This is paradoxical, yet true!

I suppose as the great Rumi once said (or a variation of what follows): Truth lies in the middle path. If I apply this concept to our discussion here, I would say many get something out of helping others, but many don't.

Again, perhaps your thinking is that the mere satisfaction of helping someone else can be construed as a selfish gain, well then so be it....

Message 6 of 26
(14,876 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

Why do you feel the NI Forums are worth your investmet?

Well, the forum has everything!

• More entertainment than the comics
  • More puzzles than the crossword and chess pages of the newspaper. (but the solution can directly help with your job!)
  • Superheroes
  • Rookies
  • Nutcases
  • Interesting characters
  • Tragedies
  • Comedies
  • Slapstick
  • Philosophy
  • Accidents and crimes (against all common coding guidelines)
  • Illusions
  • Magic

The list is endless!

Message 7 of 26
(14,867 Views)

I have expressed my thought on this subject previously and will spare a repeat but will add this.

Years ago when we were trying to decide what title a contributor would get when they reached the lofty total of ... (was is 1000 posts?) I was pushing for the title of "Altruist".

The contributors to this forum give me renewed hope that all is not lost to those that only take and never give.

There are still good people in this world that give to others without thinking twice.

Sadly this should not be an exception but rather the rule we live by. If the rest of the world did live by the standard exemplified by those that prowl thse forums, what we have here would not seem peculiar in the least.

I can not change the world but I can change myself and if do so in such a way as it benefits others and encourages others to do the same, then I am at the very least, taking the first steps toward fixing part of what is wrong with the world.

I'll let reader Goolge "The Prayer of St Fancis" themselves.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 26
(14,858 Views)
When I was in my academics I was searching for help when we were doing a project for NI competition (NI YANTRA) but because of lack of programming knowledge had to loose it. Simple problems will be solved by simple solution but the solution would become much more simpler when we get used to it. Apart from all these it's like a hobby to sit in forum ( better than social site )
-----

Message 9 of 26
(14,854 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

I can't believe you are americanizing your name by making the last syllable silent. You need to have two well pronounced r's in there!*

Maybe we can just call you "Drillbit Jeff"... 😄

* type into into google translate (it will autoselect german) and press the "listen" button (little speaker icon).

I am not "Americanizing my name" I grew up with that pronunciation as did my Grand father and HIS G-daddy!  And yes, in fact, I am descended from a family of cabinet makers from the black forest region.  However, I have 5 generations of ancestors on all sides born within the State or Territory of Minnesota.  (I actually can claim to be an ethnic Minnesotan!  unlike my children who were born in Washington State while I was a resident there)

Bohrer rhymes with more!  no harm no foul!

Message 10 of 26
(14,825 Views)