BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Morning NI - I'm here..

The problem, with changing avatars, is that all the jokes that are related to them become immediately obsolete. Who can understand now the reference to "biting rabbit" 😞

By the way, do you know the only animal (apart tst) able to change sex (from male to female and in the reverse direction) in a few seconds ?

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 41 of 497
(18,530 Views)
Of course those familiar with "Sam & Max" will still get the jokes about the biting rabbit, because the "dog" is the other half of the great "Sam & Max" duo.

Otherwise of course your point is quite valid.
Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 42 of 497
(18,531 Views)

@chilly charly wrote:
By the way, do you know the only animal (apart tst) able to change sex (from male to female and in the reverse direction) in a few seconds ?

Anyone who read Jurrasic Park 8 times or more should know about the african Rana (I think that was their name) frogs (although I didn't know it only took them a few seconds).

Obviously, Shane is right about the dog being Sam (you can check out the discussion in the icons thread), so the joke will be understood, BUT ONLY AS LONG AS I KEEP THIS AVATAR, which, as you can see from my history, isn't long (and no, I'm not doing the commandos next).

BTW, although Max "doesn't like girls" (another joke for the duo's fans, so I suggest that JLV and CC not try to interpret it), he's definitely not a female rabbit.

tst wrote:...Anyone who read Jurrasic Park 8 times or more should know about the african Rana (I think that was their name) frogs (although I didn't know it only took them a few seconds).

Wrong, it's not a frog... you are far from the truth. Try again...

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 497
(18,510 Views)
An actual animal??

Or is it something like a worm??

tst... I will have to borrow words from Billy Joel (also an American):

"... you are a woman to me ..."

😉

la da da da da da, la da da da da da...

(wouldn't it be hallarious if you actually turned out to be a man??)
(but it is highly unlikely... men would react differently)
😛
Message 45 of 497
(18,511 Views)

@JoeLabView wrote:
An actual animal??

Or is it something like a worm??

Of course it is an actual animal ! And not a worm...
I think that you all are spending too much time on this forum, since none of you seems to be aware of the things of life...

CC

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 497
(18,511 Views)
Sorry CC but that sex change thing was not one of my interests.

It has to be a critter that does not have specialized equipment because that would take time.

Wild guess:

is it a fish?

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 47 of 497
(18,514 Views)
Allow me to quote:
"As far as frogs are concerned (and other organisms that display this
Phenomenon), apparently there are chemical triggers that respond to the
number of members in a population that will activate the gene(s)
that will allow for the disintegration of one set of sex organs and
the development of the other. This is an advantage to a species
whereby they have evolved the ability to assure their reproductive
success."

Some further reading has shown that Rana is in fact the basic name for all frogs, so that shows you how much you can trust memory (or Crichton).
I'm guessing that the answer to CC's question (not that anyone other than him really cares) is a fish.

Changing sex is not only a matter of chemical trigger. Crocodiles and other reptiles change sex by temperature. It is called temperature-dependent sex determination.

Maybe it's a crocodile and if you put it into a climate chamber it will change sex. If it is a shock chamber it will do it in seconds. Is this the reason why there was always a "Temperature Demo" in LabVIEW?
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 497
(18,508 Views)
"she turned me into a newt!"

I change my guess to newt. is that the same thing as a salamander?

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 05-10-2005 04:03 PM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 50 of 497
(18,507 Views)