From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Morning NI - I'm here..

Since the secret is now disclosed, I'll give you a few more infos :
The Enthusiast's kettle is an already ancient project that started actually with LV 1.0.
In the latest release, NI has successfully developped the RT kettle (Real Tea) that can be remotely controled with LabVIEW using an USB port (visible on the bottom right).
On the same picture you can also see a part of the original LabVIEW program source, stored on an Holleright perforated card.
The kettle will given as a gift to the Enthusiasts that will either post 20 000 replies, or maintain an average reply rate of 3.5 r/d...

CC

Message Edited by chilly charly on 04-23-2005 05:04 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 31 of 497
(20,243 Views)
CC,

NI is certainly on a learning curve here.

Looking back, some of the earlier attempts were in some ways more generous but also a bit strange. 🙂
Message 32 of 497
(20,245 Views)
Nice Kettle..

20,000 posts..

Hey.. I might get one by the time I retire..

😄
Message 33 of 497
(20,127 Views)
Nice to hear from you!

WE were wondering about you. See "The List"

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=130&message.id=1007&jump=true

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 34 of 497
(20,124 Views)
Yes..

I saw the list.. 😞

I fell back one position after Aaron.. 😠

Oh well.. I will sneak in during lunch.. 😉

I doubt I'll catch up to the rabbit..

😄
Message 35 of 497
(20,079 Views)
As far as I am concerned, one of the great things about the Exchange and the list is there is no shame in falling back behind the tallent we have contributing.

I spent years as #2 on the Fieldpoint list behind Aaron.

In the next week or two, whn I drop to #3 in the "total # of ratings" catagory, I will be behind Christian. There is no shame in being #3 behind some like Christian.

One more thought;
Every time some passes us the list, we have another person getting adicted to helping others. How can we complain about that?

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 36 of 497
(20,081 Views)

In the next week or two, whn I drop to #3 in the "total # of ratings" catagory, I will be behind Christian. There is no shame in being #3 behind some like Christian.
Ben, you know you have been powering along steadily with me breathing down your neck, but it seems I cannot catch you. 🙂

Especially last week, I was mostly out of town attending meetings. I think it will be more than a few weeks....
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 497
(20,080 Views)
One way or another I am cheering for you!

After all, I did have the privledge of passing you up years ago (when the Grand Wizard was hibernating), it is time to set things right.

Now if I could come up with at least one example that out performed your stuff....

Go Christian Go!

Ben
Message 38 of 497
(20,075 Views)

@Ben wrote:
As far as I am concerned, one of the great things about the Exchange and the list is there is no shame in falling back behind the tallent we have contributing.

I spent years as #2 on the Fieldpoint list behind Aaron.

One more thought;
Every time some passes us the list, we have another person getting adicted to helping others. How can we complain about that?

Ben

Good words Ben..

Excellent!

PS: I was kidding about falling behind 😉
Message 39 of 497
(20,055 Views)
It appears that the rabbit turned into a dog..

maybe it's my eyesight. Too much CVI coding..

🙂
Message 40 of 497
(20,049 Views)