cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Morning NI - I'm here..

Spaceman...

I've often wondered that myself.

Can you imagine if the anti-virus sw also created them?? 😉
Is there an independent panel that watches who's doing what? Oh yeah.. I think there is... or "is there"??
(imagine Homer S. asking himself that question.... then seeing a donut....)

.... hummmm .... donut....

.... --what were we talking about?? -- ...

😄
Message 11 of 497
(16,495 Views)
Now that CC has a "skewed" Enthusiats' List....

How are people recognized as reaching 1000 posts??

Is it 1000 posts? or is it 1000 actual contributions based on his definition??

😉
Message 12 of 497
(16,505 Views)

@JoeLabView wrote:
Now that CC has a "skewed" Enthusiats' List....
How are people recognized as reaching 1000 posts??
Is it 1000 posts? or is it 1000 actual contributions based on his definition?? 😉
Come on Jewelry !
I thought there was an agreement on the fact that off-the-line discussions should not be counted has actual replies. Some of us have even been complaining on this matter ! Remember when JPD was angry ?..

...Please guys stop abusing and biasing the rating system by congratulating each other with 5* for rather frivolous matters...
or more recently when tsunami and Ben were chatting on the freshly disclosed BreakPoint ?..

... Not that I mind, but speaking of the list, this board will probably cause the numbers on that list to go completely haywire and render it somewhat inaccurate...
I was really hoping these posting would not count in our totals....
But may be I have been too directive here. So... I'll wait now for you ALL to decide which threads should be removed from the reply count. Since the operation is done programmatically, it's not a big issue, just a matter of seconds, to optimize the operation.
And while we are here, I wish to have your advices on two other subjects :
1/ should the stars be also counted separately ?
2/ Do you think that people that have posted more than 50 replies (and even 100) that are in fact questions should be counted as Enthusiasts ?

That way, II'll feel less guilty when reading your sour comments... 😄

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 13 of 497
(16,490 Views)
I prefer the comment in the Breakpoint stay out of the count.

"
So... I'll wait now for you ALL to decide which threads should be removed from the reply count. Since the operation is done programmatically, it's not a big issue, just a matter of seconds, to optimize the operation.
And while we are here, I wish to have your advices on two other subjects :
1/ should the stars be also counted separately ?
2/ Do you think that people that have posted more than 50 replies (and even 100) that are in fact questions should be counted as Enthusiasts ?

"

I also would urge that we "should not tease the animals". If your list superior to the "Official" list that Molly's team was going to give us, then your are stuff forever!

On a side not you do raise an interesting point in the point re: # Q's. Good Q. There have been a few times people have started discusions by posting Q's. Altenbach has done this a number of times. Others have done the same. Just starting a thread or posting a follow-up is not a good way to distinguish this. I would also like to see more more of us starting threads along the line of "Did you know you could do ....?"

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 14 of 497
(16,477 Views)
Thanks for your comments, Ben !
I'll try first to develop a bit more the later point: I think we all agree about the fact that an interesting question can be more usefull than a number of answers. This is why I appreciate the possibility to star rate questions. On another hand some users NEVER gave any reply, and are strict consumers on this forum, never sharing their knowledge, never bringing anything to the community... 😞
Should they be counted as Enthusiasts ? Asked that way, my question as only one obvious answer : NO ! However, my own opinion is more balanced : The answer depends on the definition that we give to "Enthusiast" : is an Enthusiast simply somebody who love LabVIEW, and use it on every possible occasion ? or is the idea of sharing absolutely imbedded in the Enthusiast definition ? and is the idea of expertise connected to the Enthusiast definition ?
We are back here to previous discussions/posts that are worth to be read again... but that's not an answer to my original question : how should we consider LV users that never give any help to others ?

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 497
(16,467 Views)
Hey mon ami, le CC... tu n'as rien compris.. 😉

It rhymed.. so i wrote it.. 😄

The contributions as you have it set up is okay.
Sorry if my post sounded like a complaint.. You're gonna complare my to.. euh... some female contributor who shall remain nameless.. 😉

Actually, my question was and is a valid one. There are "congrats for x times 1000" posts. Do these posts count as contributions towards that? In fact, without all this chatting, how would BreakPoint have come to life?
Think about it... Our hundreds of blah..blahs.. have had an impact on the forum, plus given us a chance to get to know each other better. 😄

As for the number of posts that count towards "Enthusiats", we can simply count contributions.
As for the number of stars, I'd count them all. After all, think of all the good answers you, Ben, Dennis, and (maybe JP) have contributed and went starless... I don't think stars are that meaningful anyway..

As for defining who / what is a newly defined Enthusiast... that's a tough one. A simple measure is something like 100 posts (contributions), for instance.. ....hummm....

.... humm .....

😐
Message 16 of 497
(16,984 Views)
Then again, some things shouldn't be shared. Like this nasty intestinal virus my kids gave me.

Speaking of which...maybe that should make a "Proven irregular"???
Amateur programmer for over 10 years!
Message 17 of 497
(16,982 Views)
there's a thought..

Active Regular = Enthusiast

Where's the mug???

any mugs left???

or did JP take them all... probably traded-in his stars for one 😉
Message 18 of 497
(16,419 Views)
Hi all

I want to add some thoughts to the discussion about Enthusiast:

I agree with those who say that an Enthusiast should share his knowledge but I think it's a bad idea to say Active Regular = Enthusiast. Because one can post as many questions as are needed to get "Active" and one also can login as often as it needs to be "Regular".

I'm of the opinion that also social boards should not be counted. What makes one an Enthusiast if he/she just talks about music insturments or model railroad (I don't want to blame you for that)?

Thomas
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
--------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 497
(16,371 Views)
Wait..

you mean that people who ask questions also contribute to being active?

interesting..

Well...
Message 20 of 497
(16,353 Views)