BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Morning NI - I'm here..

One of my partners in Wire and Fellow LabVIEW Champion Michael Porter has been spending a lot of time issolated from the outside world. every now and then an interesting critter comes my way. These are just TOO COOL for me not to want to share.

MAVIARI Logo Final - Flat Black.jpg

Here is the image in my gallary.

Attached is another version.

Now quoting from Mike

" 

Notice also the acronym: Micro AVIARI

"

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 301 of 497
(9,782 Views)

That's an impressive logo, and and even more impressive program.

Mike didn't draw that, did he?

0 Kudos
Message 302 of 497
(9,749 Views)

I thought I was a hot-dog when I taught my son to use a Yo-Yo since I could rock-the-baby and walk the dog.

Well my son has taken Yo-Yo's to a level I have never seen before.

In this Youtube video you will see an an un-edited video of what can be done with a Yo-Yo. The style is free-hand because the yo-yo is not tied to a finger but rather a small ball is attached at the end normally tied to a finger.

Ther are other styles as well including "off-string" where the Yo-Yo is not attached to the string at all and let you do some amazing arial tricks (outside).

If that link does not work, just serach for "9 mm bullets perperoni" (Arnold's favorite toppings for pizza) and you will find it.

Please post a comment if you do visit that link.

If you know of others that are in this league of yo-yo-ers plese share a link if possible.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 303 of 497
(9,692 Views)

I'll have to look at it from home..

Sounds interesting.

I was never good with yo-yos..  😞

Message 304 of 497
(9,663 Views)

Ray.R wrote:

I'll have to look at it from home..

Sounds interesting.

I was never good with yo-yos..  😞

Please take a look. At first glance it may look like a bunch of video tricks but its all real. He and I have been talking about building custom Yo-yos to let him take his tricks to another level.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 305 of 497
(9,661 Views)

Ben,

This is the best video series that I have found on the subject:  http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/301-counter-weight-overview.html

He will teach you from the beginning.

-SS

Message 306 of 497
(9,655 Views)

ShotSimon wrote:

Ben,

This is the best video series that I have found on the subject:  http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/301-counter-weight-overview.html

He will teach you from the beginning.

-SS

Ahh! So you have seen this stuff before?

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 307 of 497
(9,646 Views)

I use to think that Rocking the Baby on the Trapeze was cool.  This is really exciting stuff and the videos from competitions are unreal.

There is this mix of juggling now entering this space.

It was fun to see your post, Thanks. 

-SS

Message 308 of 497
(9,643 Views)

Why not built a robot to do these tricks. 😄

NI is getting into robotics and that would be a great demo at NI week. 

Message 309 of 497
(9,624 Views)

altenbach wrote:

Why not built a robot to do these tricks. 😄

NI is getting into robotics and that would be a great demo at NI week. 

I was a non-traditional student when I went to college (graduated at 42) so I was closer in age to my professors than the other student so I hung out with the staff. So in one of conversations with the head of the undergrad physics dept I brought up trying to model the english you can put on a pinball by letting it roll down the flipper. We decided that was just too complicated to handle in a casual conversation.

Some of the moves you see implemented in that video use a technique that I think is called "whipping" where the string is thrown to capture the yo-yo in mid-air.

So if we were to do a robot capable of doing all of those tricks would could not use a "virtual string" that is often used in simple physics analysis (where the string has no mass and does not stretch).

I wonder if modern PC can even crunch that model real-time.

Interesting thought though. Mybe we'll brain-storm the hardware while cutting new yo-yos.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 310 of 497
(9,594 Views)