From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to Bedford end of September

I do not know if it still applies, but way back when I used to go to Boston, people were telling me not to go to the orange section of the subway...  I never asked why..  Plus I didn't take the subway 😉  Boston and the surrounding area is very nice, expecially in the summer.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(5,167 Views)

Given the Irish connectionw ith Boston, the Orange colour might be a bit off-putting indeed.....

Seriously though, it's a shame I won't be able to meet up with anyone.  I have never made it to NI week (there's always next year 2008 2009 2010 2011) so I'm currently in the state of mind that you all look exactly like your avatars.

Thanks for the local tips.  Hopefully I won't be working morning till evening so that I have some time to check them out.

Shane.

Message 12 of 17
(5,164 Views)

Ironically, in Syracuse, New York they have one of the bigger St. Patrick's day parades, but as almost everyone is a fan of Syracuse University's teams (in particular the basketball team, who frequently is just finishing the season on that date) it is probably one of the few parades nationally where you can where orange and not risk a fight! The bigger irony (trivia here) is that the University was started in the 1870's by the Methodist church, during a time of anti-Irish sentiment, so the choice of orange may not have been so innocent!  Sort of like wearing the wrong gang colors!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(5,129 Views)

LOL!!

I don't think they were referring to an Irish section of town... LOL!!  😄

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(5,109 Views)

Shane,

Just as an option: I live close to switzerland (Freiburg in de). If you are close to Basel, we can meet for a beer. I'm myself looking for an option to meet some of the people active in the forums.

Felix

Message 15 of 17
(5,072 Views)

Felix, that sounds good.

Seeing how I'm moving to close to Rheinfelden early next year I'd be even closer.

It'd be cool to finally meet someone from the forums.

Message 16 of 17
(5,071 Views)

Great! It's just 50 min by train (similar by car). Just post in here once you are settled, then we can check which irish pub around here would be cool for a LV user group. Smiley Wink

Felix

Message 17 of 17
(5,051 Views)