BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to Bedford end of September

Seeing how I'll be in Bedford (Boston) late September I wanted to throw out a request for anyone who's in the area if they want to meet up for a beer or a chat or simply a "hello" in passing, whatever.

I haven't met a single person on this board in person (that I know of at least) so if I have the chance to do that while I'm in the US for a few days, I'd love to take advantage of the opportunity....

Shane

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(8,604 Views)

Too bad you are staying on the wrong coast.

You should come to Venice, CA instead. The weather is nicer here!

(We even have Irish Pubs if needed). 😄

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(8,601 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

Seeing how I'll be in Bedford Falls late September...

Say "hi" to George and Clarence for me.

Spoiler
It's a Wonderful Life

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(8,597 Views)

As an aside to the last post, Bedford Falls is thought to be styled after Seneca Falls, NY, which I drive through twice a week. Seneca Falls is also the "birthplace" of women's suffrage in the US.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(8,540 Views)

@LV_Pro wrote:

As an aside to the last post, Bedford Falls is thought to be styled after Seneca Falls, NY, which I drive through twice a week. Seneca Falls is also the "birthplace" of women's suffrage in the US.

I never watched much of "The Man Show" but the episode with interviews asking for pepole to sign a petition to "wipe out women's suffrage" was a clasic.

Bedford is about a 12-13 hour drive one way so I'll have to settle for just waving. I did enjoy the "Hamond Castle Museum" so if you have time, you may want to check it out.

Hamond was a prolific inventor (invented the remote controleed topaedo) and used all of his monet to travel Europe and buy everything he could before they out-lawed that practice. He purchased complete street-front and had them shipped back and integrated into the Castle. Also features an organ that was played by Bach and many veresoteric design ideas. The pool pictured above is inside the mian court yard and he could dive into same from his bedroom window.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(8,507 Views)

He could probably buy a lot today with a few "Monet", they are worth a lot more than they were 100 years ago! 😉

The Boston area is only about 6 hrs. from here, but I'll just wave too!

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(8,480 Views)

@LV_Pro wrote:

He could probably buy a lot today with a few "Monet", they are worth a lot more than they were 100 years ago! 😉

The Boston area is only about 6 hrs. from here, but I'll just wave too!

That is the French spelling where the trailing "t" is silent.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(8,477 Views)

Oh, I thought it was the French impressionist painter's work you were talking about!

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(8,474 Views)

"Uncle!"

I owe you a beer. Smiley Wink

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(8,471 Views)

There also used to be a computer museum in Boston adn I liked the aquarium (start at the top and walk down).

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(8,465 Views)