From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny threads

Oh dear... Some nasty mouse abuse over here...

I must say I have something against people being mean to mice.    Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy

of mice and men????

Message 52 of 537
(19,750 Views)

Who can come up with the most obfuscated data transfer mechanism?

Submit your entries here.

Not a thread and not really funny, but I like JP's last signature, so I will record it here for the following generations to read:

Booleans are green,
Intergers are blue.
Colorful is my screen,
Powered by LabVIEW.

I like it. Smiley Happy

And speaking of JP's signature, his current one mentions liking the various SF stars (wars, trek and gate). I must confess to liking all three as well (with Stargate (not the movie) being my favorite by far, possibly with the exception of DS9). If you want advice on some other cool space shows, try Farscape and Firefly (that one was only half a season and a movie, but it's worth it).

So everybody knows about the 'Star' movies and TV shows, but what about the 'Star' computer games?  Anybody ever play Star Control II?  Easily my favorite computer game ever.  My favorite ship to play was Arilou...how about you?  🙂

-D

Message 55 of 537
(19,689 Views)

I never played Star Control, although I know it. The closest I came was Outpost. I also played the Space Quests (all 6).

BTW, 2 points which may help explain why I think Firefly is special - It's the only space show I know which has NO sound effects when in space (and still does great space scenes) and NO aliens. It also has a good sense of humor.

Not actually a thread, but a 3rd party app. When I saw the title advertised in the "What's New in NI Developer Zone", I envisioned a LV program that schedules which employee to terminate when.indifferent smiley  (It's actually a temperature setpoint control program)

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=0B2B71C7B963539FE0440003BA230ECF&p_...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 57 of 537
(19,686 Views)

"I envisioned a LV program that schedules which employee to terminate when."

I speak from experience when I say that it really changes your attitude about computers when one decide to lay you off! But I quickly learned that there was life after DEC.

Ben

Exaplanitory note:
DEC = Digital Equipment Corporation, The second largest computer mfg in the world behind only IBM in 1983. They were one of the three companies (DEC, Xerox, TI)  that invented ethernet.

Message Edited by Ben on 02-02-2006 03:19 PM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 58 of 537
(19,686 Views)

tst a écrit:
Not a thread and not really funny, but I like JP's last signature,

That settles it. You are definitely a woman. My bait worked. Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink

And speaking of JP's signature, his current one mentions liking the various SF stars (wars, trek and gate).

That is a spoof of an already spoofy movie line (5 stars if you give the source without Googling):

- What kind of music do you usually have here?
- Oh, we got both kinds. We got country *and* western.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 59 of 537
(19,681 Views)

"I envisioned a LV program that schedules which employee to terminate when."

Boss: Your body temperature trends indicate that you are pregnant. You are fired.

Message Edité par Jean-Pierre Drolet le 02-02-2006 07:15 PM

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 60 of 537
(19,679 Views)