BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freak of Nature

Highlighted

We've all heard about the Four-leaf clover and some subscribe to the false belief that it brings luck. In fact the effect is neutral, because you already used up exactly the same amount of luck to find it in the first place. 😄 Probability seems to be about 1:5000.

 

But who has ever heard of a walnut with three-fold symmetry??? I got this way over 20 years ago, came across it recently again and decided to take some pictures. Still in perfect condition. Would be interesting do to some MRI imaging to see how the inside looks like (No, I won't crack it open :D).

 

altenbach_0-1603405944917.png

 

 

How would I search the internet to see how this is called and what the probability is? (wikipedia just say the also occur)

 


LabVIEW Champion. It all comes together in GCentral GCentral
What does "Engineering Redefined" mean??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(364 Views)
Highlighted

First hit says it's "fairly common"... Not much of a statistic.

 

They do seem to have some interesting powers though: ward off the evil eye and sicknesses. a powerful talisman: could reveal a witch, protect you from li... .

 

There's not much on the statistics.

Message 2 of 15
(327 Views)
Highlighted

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

 

There's not much on the statistics.


Thanks! Well, your link says 1:150000, pretty rare....


LabVIEW Champion. It all comes together in GCentral GCentral
What does "Engineering Redefined" mean??
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(322 Views)
Highlighted

@altenbach wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

There's not much on the statistics.


Thanks! Well, your link says 1:150000, pretty rare....


Ah, in the first line... Completely missed it. 

 

This could be regional? As the other post mentions "pretty common, I find them all the time", perhaps it's genetic. Some tries might produce a lot of them, while others don't?

 

We have quite a few walnut trees (hazelnuts also) in the area. Usually the nuts are left on the ground, because people don't seem to realize that they're the same as the expensive nuts you buy in the stores (about 10 EU per Kg)... It's weird how people became alienated with nature.

Message 4 of 15
(320 Views)
Highlighted

@altenbach wrote:

We've all heard about the Four-leaf clover and some subscribe to the false belief that it brings luck.


My wife found so many 4-leaf clovers (at least 20) just in our yard this year, including a few 5-leaf cloves and even a 6-leaf clover.  I can never find them and I still managed to find a 5-leaf clover.


GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(309 Views)
Highlighted

@crossrulz wrote:
My wife found so many 4-leaf clovers (at least 20) just in our yard this year, including a few 5-leaf cloves and even a 6-leaf clover.  I can never find them and I still managed to find a 5-leaf clover.

Must be that 5G tower nearby... 😮 😄 (source)


LabVIEW Champion. It all comes together in GCentral GCentral
What does "Engineering Redefined" mean??
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(292 Views)
Highlighted

Or, he just has a couple nuggets of Cobalt-60 hanging out in his garden.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_gardening

Message 7 of 15
(277 Views)
Highlighted

@altenbach wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:
My wife found so many 4-leaf clovers (at least 20) just in our yard this year, including a few 5-leaf cloves and even a 6-leaf clover.  I can never find them and I still managed to find a 5-leaf clover.

Must be that 5G tower nearby... 😮 😄 (source)


There actually is one within a couple of miles as the crow flies.  But she actually found a patch near the shed that was nothing but 4, 5, and 6 leaf clovers.  So it could actually just be selective reproduction.


GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(271 Views)
Highlighted

@crossrulz wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:
My wife found so many 4-leaf clovers (at least 20) just in our yard this year, including a few 5-leaf cloves and even a 6-leaf clover.  I can never find them and I still managed to find a 5-leaf clover.

Must be that 5G tower nearby... 😮 😄 (source)


There actually is one within a couple of miles as the crow flies.  But she actually found a patch near the shed that was nothing but 4, 5, and 6 leaf clovers.  So it could actually just be selective reproduction.


I'm not going to say a word. 🤐

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(262 Views)
Highlighted

@crossrulz wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:
My wife found so many 4-leaf clovers (at least 20) just in our yard this year, including a few 5-leaf cloves and even a 6-leaf clover.  I can never find them and I still managed to find a 5-leaf clover.

Must be that 5G tower nearby... 😮 😄 (source)


There actually is one within a couple of miles as the crow flies.  But she actually found a patch near the shed that was nothing but 4, 5, and 6 leaf clovers.  So it could actually just be selective reproduction.


Well, if you believe the conspiracy-terrorists you would actually expect more of the very rare two- one- and zero-leafed clovers. 😮

 

Maybe what you actually have is the seven leafed variety:  😄

altenbach_0-1603571956828.png

 


LabVIEW Champion. It all comes together in GCentral GCentral
What does "Engineering Redefined" mean??
Message 10 of 15
(238 Views)