BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For lack of a better place...

Not sure where to put this, but I'm going to put it here, because I believe, of all the NI products, LabView has had the greatest impact on my work life and there is no links for comments on the press release...

I wish Dr. Touchard the best upon his impending retirement as CEO and pronounce my immense gratitude (also to all the folks over the years @ NI while I'm at it) for the opportunities and successes I have experienced because of National Instruments.  Thank you for making the last 32 years of coming to work a thoroughy enjoyable and addictive challenge!

They just brought around a new hire and described me as a 'jack of all trades' during the introduction.  On other occasions it has variously been 'MacGyver', 'Doc Brown', & 'Q', among others.  Flattering, but I'm not really that good.  I've just had the 'right tools' for the job and I've been able to get the job done because of them.

I remember that, in the pre-MoPac Expressway days, I noticed a license plate that indicated what must have been his car way...way...way out in the parking lot.  Meeting him at a reception after training, I teased him about why he didn't have an assigned parking spot.  He replied, "If I get here late, I have to walk like everybody else".  I thought that said a lot about the man.

Thanx, Doc!

Message 1 of 6
(7,292 Views)

I don't know where to post this but thought of posting on the most active software boards.

There is no any details of Dr. T's retirement anywhere on NI website.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,061 Views)

Hi LVK,

I moved your message into this thread because of the topic.

Yes, Mr. Truchard retired (kind of). There was a newsletter from NI last week and I also read some articles in (German) electronics magazines…

Some official statement!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,046 Views)
Yes, effective from Jan 2017: Here it is http://investor.ni.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=986964
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,043 Views)

Well written, though i think this is a Breakpoint topic, no?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,020 Views)

Best wishes to both Dr. T and Mr. Davern!

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,985 Views)