BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First messages

I always enjoy the Final Fantasy XIV questions in the Diadem forum. 😄 (they tend to disappear quickly)

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 57
(6,886 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:
For the record, both spam and legit 1st posts count, right?

They probably should be mostly legit because real spam posts tend to disappear quickly, making the links invalid. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 57
(6,883 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:
For the record, both spam and legit 1st posts count, right?

They probably should be mostly legit because real spam posts tend to disappear quickly, making the links invalid. 

We can copy-paste the text...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 57
(6,877 Views)

From here: "I designed a program, but this has some error. "

Good. That really narrows it down! (At least now we know that the lab has not burned down yet :o).

(Note: This was his third message. He's been given detailed advice about serial communications (which seems to be the bulk of the task) for over a week now)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 57
(6,867 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

"I will pay you if you wish to get credit for your work." is pretty funny too.

It wouldn't be out of place with Carnac the Magnificent.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 57
(6,862 Views)

I wander if this is spam?

List yourself in SStreams� - NI Community

If so, it's the oldest (1999!). It's on the first (or last?) page of the forum.

SStreams isn't there anymore, but it routes to https://www.mathworks.com/.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 57
(6,861 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I love the thread title too: "Labview"

Great work, helps narrow it down.

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I wander if this is spam?

List yourself in SStreams� - NI Community

Wow, a 2 for one (the second message seems to be alt account from same user). Wonder why it says their account was created in 2001, if the posts are from 1999?

On the topic, i loved the guy from a couple of months ago, xipid or what was it? 

Writing novels without heads or tails, often flamboyantly wrong code. He still comes around once in a while to update his thread titled something like "Perfect solution for my problem" (and updates it with new problem he's currently facing) 😄

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 57
(6,787 Views)

They are getting better. I didn't click the link, but didn't think of it as spam:

state space controller in labview

Spoiler

As the title suggests I've created a state space controller. I've tried to get this state space matrix into labview but i can't seem to get it to work. I've used the math script function and pasted the code and it has worked and shown the step response ive seen in matlab.

I tried using one example "SimEx statespace.vi" and reworking it with my figures but kept getting a error of "the dimensions of the parameter vectors of this function do not match".
Basically the idea is to build an inverted pendulum and have a signal from an encoder as an input and have the proportionate output to a stepper motor depending on its angle.

While using mathscipt works to show the step input im unsure if its appropriate for this purpose.

Any help or tips would be much a appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 57
(6,782 Views)

@AeroSoul wrote:

Wow, a 2 for one (the second message seems to be alt account from same user). Wonder why it says their account was created in 2001, if the posts are from 1999?

This happened due to a change in the forum software...   in the last millenium the forum was linked to NNTP ..

With the 'new' forum software old post keep the timestamp, while the users registration timestamp was new 😄

here a capture of my old account.. 🙂

old-nntp-user.png

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 57
(6,779 Views)

Damn, in 1999 i was starting elementary school 😅

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 57
(6,770 Views)