Did you mean: 

Favourite songs + cover doubles

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(3,828 Views)
Message 22 of 29
(3,826 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

I am going to violate the recent topic rules now (more hiking videos and less music, but there is still music!!! 🙂 )

I can show my land to you with this, being a "hillbilly", i can show how much I am in love with our hills and forests in Hungary, in this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LNd92NHlF4

Beautiful!  

I live right on the Niagara Escarpment in Ontario, Canada and I love to hike.  Hungary will have to go on my To-Hike list!

I couldn't find much English info on the Bald Dog Rock film.  Looks like a heck of a party though.  🙂 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(3,793 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

I have two.  First Hurt.  I was never a Johnny Cash fan until I heard his cover of that NIN song.  Then I started to appreciate his older stuff.  Oh and that video is chilling too.

I can remember Johnny being one of my first musical "heroes". My grandmother was a big fan, so it was among some of the earliest music I remember hearing. 

You aren't the first person I've heard tell of "finding" him though this cover.  I still remember hearing it, and then seeing the video for the first time.  Powerful stuff!  The song had always been good, but it seemed to take on a whole new life after this. 

---------------------
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(3,790 Views)

@pallen wrote:

@Blokk wrote:

I am going to violate the recent topic rules now (more hiking videos and less music, but there is still music!!! 🙂 )

I can show my land to you with this, being a "hillbilly", i can show how much I am in love with our hills and forests in Hungary, in this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LNd92NHlF4

Beautiful!  

I live right on the Niagara Escarpment in Ontario, Canada and I love to hike.  Hungary will have to go on my To-Hike list!

I couldn't find much English info on the Bald Dog Rock film.  Looks like a heck of a party though.  🙂 

I did some "over-posting" in the weekend 🙂 I guess inside I am a bit worried about the new job I just recently accepted and the moving. Back to my home country from July! 🙂 Well, this is "BreakPoint", so I let it out here... Side effect: interesting posts from others! 🙂

Hmm, Canada...! 🙂 One day I wanna make it there, to the North specially! When I was a kid, I was a big fan of Jack London and others' books, Alaska, Canada, prospectors, gold miners, the North-West Mounted Police... 🙂 I have read this book many times in Hungarian, and later also in English: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/438970.Klondike

Some time ago, I managed to purchase a British first edition of this book from an antiquarian 🙂 When I find such second hand books, with some handwrites, I often wonder about whether who was the previous owner, did he have a long and happy life...? 🙂 Maybe around 2062, someone will inherit this book after me in an old book shop 🙂 Nice to imagine if books have their "own life"...

klondike.JPG

Message 25 of 29
(3,783 Views)

I recently found someone talking about the Hurt song on Reddit and the two versions, and how they have two different meanings.

Johnny Cash’s version:

Is a man who knows his time is up he knows he’s gonna die and that he’s gonna be leaving this world, his voice cracking partially because he doesn’t want to go and leave his wife behind (unfortunately June died before him) he’s done so much for the music industry but now he’s tired and broken fitting that he shot this in his own museum which now sadly has been burnt down...

Trent’s version:

Is a man who is trapped in a personal hell he is stuck within his own mind trapped between drugs and wanting to die, you hear this in Trent’s vocals the anger and fear and pain as he can’t get out even though he so desperately wants too a young man broken within his own mind

Fantastic how one song can basically produce two different versions both songs are sublime

Message 26 of 29
(3,779 Views)

Yes, and some songs can even have different meanings depending on who and when listens to it. Just like reading poems.

Also interesting, that often meanings of songs are completely misinterpreted by many people due to language differences, like the "No Woman No Cry" from Bob Marley...

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(3,777 Views)

Since that Toto cover has now made into my "regular rotation" I figured I put up another one here that I liked.

AWOLNation Sail, sea shanty style

https://youtu.be/rdfspfzCJRg

I'm also fan of Sea Shanty Radio

---------------------
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(3,740 Views)

I think the Pentatonix cover of 7 bridges road (Eagles) is worthy of a mention.   Phone no link.  Kudos for links.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(3,693 Views)