cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favourite sci-fi books?

(... but sometimes you can't see the dork forest for all the geeks.) 😄

Message 31 of 70
(11,684 Views)

Fantasy (unless magic counts as sci-fi?): At the moment in book 7 (of ~20) of Terry Goodkind.

Worlds_of_The_Golden_Queen got me reading again, a few years ago. Guess that is Sci-fi. Very good.

Message 32 of 70
(11,545 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Well, it all depends on YOUR point of view.

A. C. Clark, R. Asimov, R.A.H, Orsen Scott Card, et. al.  

I have a love-hate relationship with Orson Scott Card.  I loved the first 4 books of the Ender series... but I thought all of the Bean books were complete garbage.

Also, if any of you have children, I absolutely loved these books growing up.  They are the books that got me into sci-fi / fantasy in the first place.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 70
(11,518 Views)

I just finished "The Three-Body problem". I liked it 🙂 Now i will pick another book from the many suggested ones 🙂

edit: ah, there is the second book, The Dark Forest. So i continue with this 🙂 Now i have a few days holiday to read a bit more, just after attending NIDays Budapest. Claimed the 10 recertification points, and i just got the +3 years for my CLD 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 70
(11,498 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

I just finished "The Three-Body problem". I liked it 🙂 Now i will pick another book from the many suggested ones 🙂

edit: ah, there is the second book, The Dark Forest. So i continue with this 🙂 Now i have a few days holiday to read a bit more, just after attending NIDays Budapest. Claimed the 10 recertification points, and i just got the +3 years for my CLD 🙂 

With all that time on your hands you could spend it reading the context help for graph properties

(Sorry I, couldn't resist) Smiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 35 of 70
(11,487 Views)

Indeed! 😂

Message 36 of 70
(11,484 Views)

i found that fascinating

p.s.: 3rd book is also out already "Death's End" (in english translation)

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
Message 37 of 70
(11,436 Views)

I just got this book: https://www.kameronhurley.com/writing/the-stars-are-legion/

Later I will give feedback whether it is good...

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 70
(11,322 Views)

The unincorporated man.

The best I've read in a long time.  Its got a few sequels as well that I haven't read yet, but I'm saving those for a time when I have a good long vacation.

S G
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
Message 39 of 70
(11,277 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

I just got this book: https://www.kameronhurley.com/writing/the-stars-are-legion/

Later I will give feedback whether it is good...

I almost finished the book. I like it! But you need a strong stomach, it is a kind of "bio-scifi" 🙂 Like a book version of a H. R. Giger art...

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 70
(11,211 Views)