cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite screening interview questions

@PeterFoerster wrote:

Addition.png

Question one: What is result?

The result is unknown (first and second time), because unless the array shows the first element that is out of range, we cannot tell from a picture what the array size of the constant is. It could contain millions of values. Container size != array size in general.

This is my final answer! Do I get the job?

Of course you could ask the applicant if there is anything special about this code picture. For example ask what these glyphs in the upper left mean or why it has a dotted outline? What would he do to transfer that code into LabVIEW as quickly as possible? 😄

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(5,271 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@jcarmody wrote:
Do you use the CaseSelect QD plugin?

I do (just not often).  When Jim and his gang were showing off the JKI State Machine Editor, I called it CaseSelect++ and got a few chuckles.

Please correct me if my memory has failed me but wasn't it "jcarmody" that developed that Plugin ?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(5,239 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Please correct me if my memory has failed me but wasn't it "jcarmody" that developed that Plugin ?

Ben

You're correct, and I released it to the world under a BSD license.  Jim Kring contacted me about extending, packaging and releasing it and I was happy to oblige.  JKI added a few features (and significant credibility) and shared it with a larger audience than I was able to reach.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 13 of 17
(5,214 Views)
Jacobson wrote:

Don't have a specific question, but I think you can tell how experienced someone is with LabVIEW by what and how they complain about LabVIEW. I talk to a lot of different users with varying amounts of experience and it's something I've noticed.

This is now my favorite question hands down. 

I had someone the other day claim several years' experience developing and was able to answer some simple questions like "what is a shift register" but when asked what he didn't like about LabVIEW gave an answer along the lines of "VIs have a tendency to become too large and hard to follow".

Message 14 of 17
(5,164 Views)

CLA, this is excellent, thank you for posting these interview questions!  bob v

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(4,898 Views)

Ya there were some good questions posted here.

Spoiler

@JÞB wrote:

My favorite is:  "Hey Jeff! are you available?"

Except that one.  I tried it - it didn't work.
Message 16 of 17
(4,871 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

Ya there were some good questions posted here.

Spoiler

@JÞB wrote:

My favorite is:  "Hey Jeff! are you available?"

Except that one.  I tried it - it didn't work.

It worked fine.  It was just that you weren't the only one asking that question.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 17 of 17
(4,836 Views)