Did you mean: 

Fakebook top fan?

I rarely post on facebook, but today I was greeted with this popup:

altenbach_0-1589733302859.png

What's this all about???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(9,374 Views)

When you pack a bunch of equipment into a 19" rackmount cabinet there a lot of heat generated and the equipment can over heat. In an attempt to dissipate that heat a air handling scheme is used that almost always includes a top fan.

Too much hot air?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 8
(9,365 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Too much hot air?

It either blows or sucks, depending on the wiring. 😄

Message 3 of 8
(9,360 Views)

I wouldn't trust it.

But maybe it is real.  Wasn't there a point in time a few years ago where NI somehow created a facebook presence that caused posts there to be pushed into the forums?  Maybe it is somehow connected to that.

But somehow your facebook account would have to be associated with your NI account.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(9,312 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

But somehow your facebook account would have to be associated with your NI account.

It's associated with the official LabVIEW page which I am "following". (And I have zero apps&Websites linked to facebook.)

(Sorry, I should not have called it Fakebook. It really has nothing to do with books :D)

Message 5 of 8
(9,303 Views)

If you visit a page often enough they give you a "Top Fan" badge and it appears with your name the next time you comment or post.

From most of the comments I see from "Top Fans" it amounts to nothing more than a participation trophy.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 6 of 8
(9,188 Views)

Actually, whether the fan blows or sucks in a cabinet ventilation scheme is usually dependent on mounting direction as most are AC motors.  😉

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 7 of 8
(9,149 Views)

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(9,025 Views)