BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra high capacity bug threads!

Since the bug threads have been pretty short for a while, I though we should combine several months. The current monthly bug thread is now no longer monthly, but will last until the end of the year. Of course we might have to rename the tread to something else. (Quarterly bug thread? Annual bug thread?)

I think we could even go with "annual", making each thread last one year. Once we decide, I can change the subject line.

What do you all think?

(Somebody with time on their hands and sufficient forum permissions could even start combining older monthly threads into fewer)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,216 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Since the bug threads have been pretty short for a while, I though we should combine several months. The current monthly bug thread is now no longer monthly, but will last until the end of the year. Of course we might have to rename the tread to something else. (Quarterly bug thread? Annual bug thread?)

I think we could even go with "annual", making each thread last one year. Once we decide, I can change the subject line.

I have been occasionally thinking about this for probably about a year (when the new threads are started).  I vote for the annual bug report threads.

@altenbach wrote:

(Somebody with time on their hands and sufficient forum permissions could even start combining older monthly threads into fewer)

If I was able to change the subject lines, I would be all over this.  But it probably isn't worth the effort.  Besides, you would see a lot of "this thread is closed" messages in the thread.  So I say just let them be.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(6,207 Views)

Heck, Why not just go all out and even give the threads a semi- annual release like "Bugs 2019SP1"? (I'm not suggesting that you left many to find after Beta)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,117 Views)

I am fine with annual. We can start a 2020 thread on NYE and see how big it gets. 😉

Old threads could be combined, subject lines changed, and bookend posts deleted. It's just a lot of manual work... 😉

Message 4 of 5
(6,096 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I am fine with annual. We can start a 2020 thread on NYE and see how big it gets. 😉

We should also make sure the current year's Bug Thread gets pinned in the Breakpoint so that it can be easily found.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 5
(6,059 Views)