BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eureka!

@LV_Pro wrote:

LOL, my dyslexia just kicked in. Was skimming the post and read Eurekanized as Euthanized

Mision accomplished! Smiley Wink

Thank you Putnam.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 48
(11,453 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Darren,

For the sake of completeness nuggetize it.

The nugget has left the building.

Message 32 of 48
(11,424 Views)

You know... At the risk of sounding like the Magic 8-Ball I cannot say how ironic it is that this should come up in the Eureka thread.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 48
(11,360 Views)

@Steve Chandler wrote:

You know... At the risk of sounding like the Magic 8-Ball I cannot say how ironic it is that this should come up in the Eureka thread.

I missed the irony. Can you give me a hint?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 48
(11,357 Views)

There is no way anybody could get the irony. I will do better than a hint in a few more weeks.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 48
(11,348 Views)

@Steve Chandler wrote:

There is no way anybody could get the irony. I will do better than a hint in a few more weeks.

That is enough of a hint for me.

You have finally realized a Linked List in LV.

Cool!

I'll watch for it.

Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 48
(11,342 Views)

Linked List Library Leveraging the LabVIEW Language and License? Nope. Smiley Wink

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 48
(11,339 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@Steve Chandler wrote:

That is enough of a hint for me.

You have finally realized a Linked List in LV.

Cool!

I'll watch for it.

Smiley Happy

Ben

There are already linked list implementations available online. Basically, the node objects has a DVR which points to the next element (and to the previous element if it's a doubly-linked list).

If I remember correctly, the main issue is that because a class can't contain a DVR of itself, the DVR's type needs to be of a higher level class and you need to cast it when traversing, but that should probably not be a problem, as you only need to do it in one place.

< 1 wk

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 39 of 48
(11,247 Views)

@Steve Chandler wrote:

< 1 wk

I am so looking forward to the big reveal!  Chandler! Move that bus!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 48
(11,235 Views)