BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you vote?

Last time I checked, miy TI-58 still works (batteries removed, but plugged in). I have the additional problem that it is a swiss 220V power supply, so I have an extra adapter to convert from 110V.

I also have the less well documented TI-66, basically similar, but missing the fantastic math module. Uses much less power (LCD display, see also) I guess I could get two LR-44 batteries and see if it boots up... ;).

The calculator I still use most often is a Radio Shack EC-4016 (~1986) because it does not even have batteries, just solar. Still works great in almost any light and is only 3mm thick. (Asked the grandkids recently to figure out where the batteries go (trick question), but they figured it out :D)

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 49
(3,172 Views)

I think I still have the adapter.  I will bring it to you the next time we meet.

🙂

Message 42 of 49
(3,165 Views)

the TI59 was my first step into programming, followed by ZX80, ZX81, Apple][ clone

My calculator collection is slowly growing, no activly collecting, just rescue ...

HP 28S, 38E, 67 .. generation Y don't know UPN 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 49
(3,145 Views)

Worth listening to...

https://youtu.be/720O_yBLrTs

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 49
(3,100 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Worth listening to...

https://youtu.be/720O_yBLrTs

That is some serious allegations.  Sure hope there is proof and not just a continual stream of lies.  In related news they are something like 1 win to 30 loses in court, and I believe that 1 win was saying you can stand closer to the counting taking place not exactly a slam dunk.  Also in court the crack team of lawyers have stated that "This is not a fraud case".  So really this just goes back to my earlier point in that saying things online is easy, and proving anything in court seems impossible for them.  This is in addition to the Attorney General, who historically has supported the president, stating there isn't evidence of fraud.  Two contradicting statements cannot be true at the same time.  But even so, Trump will not be president in late January.  He was elected for 4 years, and his term ends then if no decision has been made.  It doesn't default to him in a tie, or if things are contested. This does also remind me of an interesting video explaining who is president in the line of those that die.

EDIT: Also are we still just ignoring the purpose of this thread for 5 pages?

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 49
(3,086 Views)

For a perspective (just a few years ago :D) ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtVOnLi5EoY

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 49
(3,073 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:
Sure hope there is proof and not just a continual stream of lies.

Don't get your hopes up 😄

altenbach_0-1607022398958.png

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 49
(3,069 Views)

I found the adapter.  Does it match what you have?

TI-58C adapter.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 49
(3,048 Views)

Sorry, it's at work in a drawer and I am mostly at home. It is a 2pin female, so that look right.

My plug (that goes into the calculator) actually delaminated decades ago and I resoldered it and put some shrink tubing around it.

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 49
(3,030 Views)