BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you vote?

@altenbach wrote:

Thanks for the link. I quickly glanced at it at towards the end.

altenbach_0-1605823167446.png

Who was it that said

"Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it."

And

"History doesn't repeat itself but it often rhymes."

?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 49
(3,437 Views)

@Ben wrote:

So in a nutshell, there is no free will(y) and we are all slaves to some giant pendulum in the sky? Interesting... 😄

Anyone remember the biorhythm from the seventies? I looked into it because it wan an interesting programming problem and the TI-58 actually contained some example code to calculate them. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 49
(3,427 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Ben wrote:

So in a nutshell, there is no free will(y) and we are all slaves to some giant pendulum in the sky? Interesting... 😄

Anyone remember the biorhythm from the seventies? I looked into it because it wan an interesting programming problem and the TI-58 actually contained some example code to calculate them. 😄

Not exactly.

Think atractors more than rules.

We introduce chaos with our various natures so there is is no way to predict specifics, only trendends.

On another note, I liked this video by Phil. that exemplifies my out look to roll with the punches.

https://youtu.be/TnFBVmklCNc

I like Phil.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 33 of 49
(3,421 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

@Ben wrote:

Not exactly.

Think atractors more than rules.

We introduce chaos with our various natures so there is is no way to predict specifics, only trendends.

On another note, I liked this video by Phil. that exemplifies my out look to roll with the punches.

https://youtu.be/TnFBVmklCNc

I like Phil.

Ben

Well, sometimes you simply want to take a poll.  I should have stopped with asking my 8-Ball.  

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 49
(3,396 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I have shared links that hope illustrate there are opinions and views that differ from what the mainstream media has been telling.

...by linking to Fox News and associates?  They are the mainstream media.  

@Ben wrote:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss%E2%80%93Howe_generational_theory

Thanks for the wiki link.  Altenbach already mentioned a few of the winners but I also saw this one when reviewing another book of his.

"This is not a good book, if by good you mean the kind of book in which the authors have rigorously sifted the evidence and carefully supported their assertions with data. But it is a very good bad book."

@Ben wrote:

When we look at how systems and institutions are not being trusted today by many, we are observing what is to be expected during a Fourth Turning.

See here is where we agree completely.  Distrust in science is an issue leading to groups like anti-vaxers, thinking it causes autism, or believing Bill Gates is installing microchips in them with vaccines.  Or flat-earthers.  Or disregarding scientific advice during a pandemic making it worst.  Getting news from a single source can be an echo chamber of bad advice.  China has its share of problems, but one thing I've always liked about their system is how a large percentage of government officials come from a background in science, and not background in law.  I'm having a hard time finding my source since google results for "China" and "Scientists" have been flooded in the last few months.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 49
(3,396 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Well, sometimes you simply want to take a poll.  I should have stopped with asking my 8-Ball.  

Sorry man, I tried 2 1/2 times to point out the purpose of the thread.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 49
(3,393 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

You're being facetious right? 

Of course...

I was sure you'd see right through my sense of humor...

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 49
(3,352 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Distrust in science is an issue leading to groups like anti-vaxers, thinking it causes autism, or believing Bill Gates is installing microchips in them with vaccines.

I replied in a different thread...  We should take the conversation elsewhere than Breakpoint.  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 49
(3,350 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Ben wrote:

🙂  Yepp, still have my TI-58 (keyboard failures as most of them have by now) ...

Asimov (RIP) was interested into history rythms  ... he added some sources in one of the 'Foundation' books. 

It's nice to see patterns .. but I ask myself if it's not  more fractal, remember  Mandelbrot-set?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 39 of 49
(3,323 Views)

I got rid of my TI-58C recently.  I might have tried to fix the battery pack, but it's not worth the effort.  The keyboard on the TI was not the most reliable.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 49
(3,312 Views)