BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you vote?

@Hooovahh wrote:

@Ben wrote:

My main concern these days is the way the country is breaking up into factions that threatens the very nature of the US.

The fact that you only post articles from one news affiliate (or ex-employees) doesn't help your cause.

What if they used to work for CNN?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 49
(3,466 Views)

I would avoid posting links to talking heads at all personally, regardless of affiliation.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 49
(3,450 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

I would avoid posting links to talking heads at all personally, regardless of affiliation.

Fair enough.

Then you should NOT watch the following.

https://youtu.be/68AWUNTa810

While I may not affect your opion, there may be others that can be capable of considering an alternative view point.

With all due respect,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 49
(3,426 Views)

What a fear-mongering extremist blowhard. I tend to open Ben's link in incognito browser mode in order not to poison the google AI for my typical search result, advertising, and suggested links. 😄

altenbach_0-1605768776553.png

Message 24 of 49
(3,419 Views)

Lets summarize:

Ben: "My main concern these days is the way the country is breaking up into factions that threatens the very nature of the US."

Hooovahh:  You are continuing to perpetuate this with your actions.

Ben: <Continues with breaking country up into factions>

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 49
(3,402 Views)

You are correct that the people of the world are being divided.  I've noticed the same here. 

We all need to unite, not become divided.  It is not Ben who is dividing the people.  To say that Ben is breaking the country up is insane.  Extremely few people actually know Ben, so how can he break up an entire country.  LOL!  😄

So ask yourself: what is the common denominator which causes such polarity in the population?

Spoiler
... it's not Ben ...
Message 26 of 49
(3,415 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

It is not Ben who is dividing the people. 

It does not help giving voice to extremist "entertainment" shows that consist of a litany of conspiracies, "us vs. them", fake outrage, false correlations, peppered with an infinite repetition of half a dozen trigger words. Leave out the adjectives with strong connotations and suddenly there is nothing left but hot air. 😄

Message 27 of 49
(3,397 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

Extremely few people actually know Ben, so how can he break up an entire country.  LOL!  😄

You're being facetious right?  You know I'm not suggesting Ben is going around physically dividing people up.  I was trying to say he is contributing to the effort of breaking up the country into factions, by the way he only sources people from "shows that consist of ... 'us vs. them' " mentality.

I'm also not under any preconceived notion that Ben is the enemy or the cause of anything.  Same for Trump for that matter.  The cause of any complicated problem is rarely one thing, I'm not looking for a common denominator.  My intention was to point out part of my perceived hypocrisy.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 49
(3,378 Views)

I have shared links that hope illustrate there are opinions and views that differ from what the mainstream media has been telling.

The current state of civil relations today are to be expected and were called for in the book "The Fourth Turning".

See this (safe) link.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss%E2%80%93Howe_generational_theory

In that book the authors go back through history going back to the war of the roses and observe that societies go through roughly 80 year cycles. The 80 year cycles are broken up into four 20 year phases that correlate with 4 generations. They call each phase a "turning" that can be understood as seasons.

The Fourth Turning is a type of winter when old systems fall be the wayside to be replaced by news systems.

The last Fourth Turning was the second world war. The prior Fourth Turning was the US civil war. Prior to that was the Revolutionary war.

That book can be rough read because it goes into detail of a lot of history. Even my better-half who was a history major had to resort to the audio version to get through the book.

When we look at how systems and institutions are not being trusted today by many, we are observing what is to be expected during a Fourth Turning.

While Forth Turnings are a time of upheaval and hardships they do clear away the old system of things and makes way for a First Turning which is often a great time for all.

"The times they are a changing"

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 49
(3,367 Views)

Thanks for the link. I quickly glanced at it at towards the end.

altenbach_0-1605823167446.png

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 49
(3,357 Views)