BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor properties: too much micromanagement!

Highlighted

So I was polishing up some old code. One of the graphs has about nine vertical cursors to indicate certain important positions. They are set by the program and not allowed to be moved by the user. For code simplicity,  wanted to change the property nodes for the cursor from cursor.position.X to cursor.index. Of course none of the cursors showed up because they were "free dragging" instead of "locked to a plot". (Cursor.index only works for locked cursors. We all know that).

Simple to change, right?

Whoever designed that properties panel had way to much fun micromanaging what is allowed or not at any given moment. I guess it was randomly decided that if a cursor does not have "allow dragging" enabled, nobody should be able to change between "free dragging" and "single-plot". Why???? But that's exactly what I need to do now!

Workaround is simple: (1) allow dragging, (2) change to single-plot, (3) disable dragging again? (wash-rinse-repeat for all the other 8 cursors 😞 3x more work for each!)

(similar: Why can't we still change the caption in the properties dialog unless it it set to "visible"???)

altenbach_0-1597818813337.png

LabVIEW Champion. It all comes together in GCentral GCentral
What does "Engineering Redefined" mean??
Message 1 of 4
(295 Views)
Highlighted

You missed the link to the idea 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(216 Views)
Highlighted

Is there an idea? I really searched.....

LabVIEW Champion. It all comes together in GCentral GCentral
What does "Engineering Redefined" mean??
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(204 Views)
Highlighted

No, not until you file it 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 4 of 4
(194 Views)