BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congratulations Sir Yair! aka. tst

I wrote a simple VI and LV did the REST.
Message 11 of 67
(11,584 Views)

Congratulations Tst!

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 67
(11,564 Views)

Congratulations Yair for this incredible achievement !

altenbach a écrit :

Wow, it is getting crowded up here! Soon we might need a bigger round table.

Most of us won't live long enough to have a chance to sit at this table ! And anyway, you all, venerable Knights, will have reached 100k long before !

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 67
(11,557 Views)

@JB wrote:

[..]Most of us won't live long enough to have a chance to sit at this table ! And anyway, you all, venerable Knights, will have reached 100k long before !

Exactly this 🙂

Congrats to the outstanding performance!

Norbert

PS: What is a knight with 100k posts? Knight Commander? K.I.T.T.?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 67
(11,545 Views)

Congrats Yair,

Keep up the tremendous work.

Shane

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 67
(11,540 Views)

Norbert_B wrote:

PS: What is a knight with 100k posts? Knight Commander? K.I.T.T.?

A Dennis?

Congratulations Yair!  Thanks for all your contributions to the forums.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 67
(11,525 Views)

Funnily enough the following went through my head today:

The "Knights of NI" owes at least some of it's reason for existing to a great Monty Python film called "The Life of Brian".

There is a character called Dennis in that film but he's not a knight, he's a peasant.  He gets harrassed by the knights of the round table.  No, in fact he gets "repressed".

Spoiler

ARTHUR: Well, I am king!
DENNIS: Oh king, eh, very nice. And how d'you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers! By 'anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever going to be any progress with the--
WOMAN: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.
DENNIS: You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship. A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--
DENNIS: I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting-- By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,-- But by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major--

WOMAN: Well, how did you become king then?
ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake,... [angels sing] ...her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. [singing stops] That is why I am your king!
DENNIS: Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
ARTHUR: Be quiet!
DENNIS: Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
ARTHUR: Shut up!
DENNIS: I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
ARTHUR: Shut up, will you. Shut up!
DENNIS: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.
ARTHUR: Shut up!
DENNIS: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help! I'm being repressed!
ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!
DENNIS: Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?

Any deeper relevance to the Forums?  Relevance to having to earn the "knight of NI" status through hard work, being competent and willing to help others instead of it simplly being endowed?  Nah, it's just a blatant excuse to quote some more Monty Python.

Shane.

Message 18 of 67
(11,519 Views)

Intaris wrote:

The "Knights of NI" owes at least some of it's reason for existing to a great Monty Python film called "The Life of Brian".

Are you sure it is from "The Life of Brian"?  Me thinks it's from "The Holy Grail".

.... always look on the bright side of life... 

Message 19 of 67
(11,512 Views)

Hmm.

I don't know why on earth "the Life of Brian" was in my head.

I take a bow  in your direction and humble request forgiveness for my error.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 67
(11,510 Views)