BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congrats to Jeff Bohrer, Community Member of the Month!!

Jeff Bohrer, 8-ball-man, has been selected for November Community Member of the Month! Congratulations Jeff!

Jeff.gif

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/memberfeatured/2011/11/14/november-2011-community-member-of-the...

Richard

Message 1 of 21
(10,765 Views)

Congrats Jeff. It is a well deserved honor.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 2 of 21
(10,753 Views)

Congratulations Jeff !

Message 3 of 21
(10,743 Views)

Well Done!

Message 4 of 21
(10,725 Views)

Congratulations Jeff.

Well desrved.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 21
(10,709 Views)

Thank YOU all,  I have considered it a privilage to contrubute to the community- Giving back some of of what I've learned here.  I was quite honored when Alex notified me that I had been selected to this honor.  There is some rareified air among the giants I have joined on the Member of the Month Blog.   And now, I'm off to Kudos land!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 21
(10,698 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

Thank YOU all,  I have considered it a privilage to contrubute to the community- Giving back some of of what I've learned here.  I was quite honored when Alex notified me that I had been selected to this honor.  There is some rareified air among the giants I have joined on the Member of the Month Blog.   And now, I'm off to Kudos land!

THat is one of the things I love about this forum. In a world filed with people grabbing and taking and "to he#$ with you" attitudes this place filled with rebels that fight to give it away with the highest honors being given to those that give it away the fastest or hand out big piles of it.

Sure, the combined pile of knowlege is bigger than any one of us can handle and we recognize that hording it would only ensure its eventual demise but we also know that there is the potential of money being exchanged for the knowlege.

I suspect it ws a parable or proverb that I am trying to recall but failing to remeber let me paraphrase from "Hello Dolly" where Mr Madison (?) would often say.

"Knowlege [money] is like manure. If you want something to grow you have to spread it around."

And Y'all are shoveling at an incredible rate.

Your fellow rebel,

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 21
(10,692 Views)

Yay Jeff!!  Congratulations!  Yet MORE proof that you're smarter than I am!  Smiley Wink

This is a well-deserved honor.

Message 8 of 21
(10,678 Views)

Ben, I believe you may be drawing on the parable of the talents as Matthew wrote it.  The wiki link is attached out of respect for the wire slingers of other faiths.

Diane-

I caution you against drawing conclusions from anectodal evidenceSmiley Wink  (Albiet- it tends to support your hypothesisSmiley Very Happy) but if I've managed to learn anything worthwhile it is that one should learn from mistakes-  Perhaps I am just more error prone

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 9 of 21
(10,668 Views)

Agreed, Jeff, agreed!  Why make the same mistake twice when there are so many new mistakes to make?

And I am not basing my conclusion entirely upon anecdotal evidence.  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 21
(10,653 Views)