BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chilly Charly?

CC, wish you a safe, fun filled trip. The images that were posted are really awesome. Expecting more such pictures from your current trip.

Kallis

BR
Message 11 of 18
(9,421 Views)

Chilly:

Are you back? I saw a couple posts from you today. Man you have a lot of catching up to do. Dennis has gone out of control and has been Knighted.

Hope you had or are having a safe and enjoyable adventure.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 12 of 18
(9,299 Views)
CC:  We want pictures!!!!  Where did you go?
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 13 of 18
(9,299 Views)
I went back one month ago, but I'm still a little too busy to contribute significantly to the forums 😞

This year target was the Xe Ban Fai river, one of the world largest underground river. It had been explored at the begining of the last century, but surveyed only recently by our team (1995). Only the main passage, crossing the mountain from sink to spring was known, and the aim of this year expedition was to complete our knowledge of this huge cave. New side passages have been discovered, finding unexpected new entrances and gigantic galeries, over 100m in diameter, adding about 6 km to the previous survey.

Actually, the exploration is so easy that a tour operator is now offering a kayak trek throught the cave for less than 150 $ !!!

Enjoy the pictures !..

And of course, LabVIEW was there...

Message Edité par chilly charly le 04-05-2007 03:31 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 14 of 18
(9,260 Views)

Those pictures are great. I actually set the first one as my desktop background.

BTW, what are those lights in the first picture?

The lights came from flashbulbs (M3 for the ones who know) fired by two friends aboard inflatable canoes. They fired two bulbs, with one underwater (the green halo). I was on a balcony, some 20 m above the river level, and fired 2 more bulbs. This give some idea of the gallery size, 40-50 m height, and over 100 m wide.

Message Edité par chilly charly le 04-05-2007 08:20 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 16 of 18
(9,225 Views)

Very nice pictures..

Glad you're back!  I like your lighting technique. 

RayR

Message 17 of 18
(9,135 Views)
Woow!
Message 18 of 18
(9,097 Views)