From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch me if you can!

According to my profile count (which I cannot verify!), this is posts # 45000. I wonder if I get a new badge or if I need to wait for 50k 😮

Maybe I should slow down a little bit. 🙂

Message 1 of 15
(4,486 Views)

If you stopped posting altogether and I continued at my current rate, I would catch you in a mere 189.5 years.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 15
(4,453 Views)

Damn, 2250 posts a year or on average 6.16 a day every single day for 20 years. Now that's commitment.

Also 4.23 kudos per day, which is even more impressive.

Message 3 of 15
(4,415 Views)

Isn't the post-count a U16?  If so, use those last 20.500 posts wisely! 😁

Edit:

Maybe stack comments with "Edit Reply" and "Mark as New".

Message 4 of 15
(4,411 Views)

Even if you slow down, there is pretty much nobody who could possible ever overtake you in a normal human lifetime. 😁

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 5 of 15
(4,250 Views)

Nah,
Christian's got that many post yet!
he's hacked his profile to say 45030, but hovering over his icon reveals the true count - 38683 😉

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,047 Views)

The forum somehow seems to give you a lower count than me. If I look in the profile I see the 45030 that you also see. But if I hover over his name/icon I see 44311. 😎

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,041 Views)

Well it also says you've only posted 9339 posts and have 10k(icon) posts - so it makes you penguin look decidedly dodgy sidling off the side of the screen like Feathers mcgraw from Wallis and Grommit. (evil penguin, stole that knight badge Rolf!)😂

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,039 Views)

Psst, don't tell anyone!

But I guess it might have to do with certain special boards that I and Christian might be a member of that you might not be such as Beta forums, where the posts in the floating window only are counted if you have signed up to them as well. I don't know really, just wildly speculating here!

In fact my floating window for my own account claims I have 10060 posts, whereas my status page says 10044! Go figure!!! Strictly speaking I have even a few more. In the beginning of this forum (~1997 or so) I refused to go to the web site and only posted through an email mailing list interface that was still quite a popular method back then. Allowed me to simply receive all the threads in my email box, read them at my leisure offline, compose answers offline as well and when I connected back on (yes that was with a telephone dialup modem that made these nice sounds when you connected to internet), everything was sent off. The email list <-> forum software gateway had a certain heuristic to match sender email address with accounts and if it didn't match exactly it created a new account. There are (or maybe were) 3 or so accounts with posts from me on the old forum software way, way back in a time where everything was so much better 😆.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,035 Views)

So you've not found a way to link a count of your LAVA forum posts in a bid to catch Christian then?🤔
I always assumed that's what holds your post count down on here.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(4,030 Views)