BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carnac the Magnificient - sarcastic answers to serious questions/comments

I always like these completely random "extra instructions" that have nothing to do with the problem.

• "without a while loop"
  • "with one hand tied behind the back"
  • "while patting head and rubbing belly"

And yes, his code deserves a place on the Rube Goldberg podium. 😄

Still wondering who that Altenback guy is. Does he have a user account here or is he just imaginary? 😄

@looser_engineer wrote:

Altenback,

Since you are asking my code, I am attaching my code - good luck wasting your time with it. 

Now you would probably ask to just give me a simple version, so I am attaching that too ( see my second VI) - Now I would be skeptic about your solution, because you were unable to quickly produce this small code, based on my description. 

Everyone knows it is simpler with 1D, one does not need to state the obvious. Usually, one would know what he/she is talking about and it is good practice to assume he/ she does before judging.

Lastly, since you asked for default values in the code, I believe it is more time consuming to add that in DAQ and serial communication vi's, so if you think it is easy - please go ahead. I believe my second VI should be very useful for you to play with.

If you still have questions, ..............

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 298
(9,513 Views)

Not sure how else to get through this guy's head that paths cannot have colons.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-input-the-words-Date-and-Time-into-the-File-Format-String/m-...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 72 of 298
(9,425 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Not sure how else to get through this guy's head that paths cannot have colons.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-input-the-words-Date-and-Time-into-the-File-Format-String/m-...

I think I out-Carnac-ed you on that 

Spoiler
Yes, the president is my mother.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 298
(9,418 Views)

Yes, I was in a strange mood when I replied

Message 74 of 298
(9,377 Views)

You decided to edit your post hu?  Only a few will know that you were questioning life altering mistakes, which I admit I found quite odd, but I wasn't going to call you out on it.

Edit:  Ohhhh, it seems Lili edited your post.

Message 75 of 298
(9,371 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

You decided to edit your post hu?  Only a few will know that you were questioning life altering mistakes, which I admit I found quite odd, but I wasn't going to call you out on it.

Edit:  Ohhhh, it seems Lili edited your post.

It appears that questions about "THAT" get bumped.  TY Lili for keeping me cool per the guidelines. 

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 298
(9,371 Views)

LOL,  I almost IM'd you after that post! Did figure you had too little/too much caffeine, or had just dealt with an annoying customer, but it did seem, considering the tone so far (vs some other ones, like Christian's from 8/2) a bit uncharacteristic for you.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 298
(9,342 Views)

@LV_Pro wrote:

LOL,  I almost IM'd you after that post! Did figure you had too little/too much caffeine, or had just dealt with an annoying customer, but it did seem, considering the tone so far (vs some other ones, like Christian's from 8/2) a bit uncharacteristic for you.

Just tried too hard to be funny.  We all have off days.

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 298
(9,332 Views)

My reply, when my kids have said, "Dad, that's not funny" is, "It is to me!"

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 298
(9,299 Views)

@LV_Pro wrote:

My reply, when my kids have said, "Dad, that's not funny" is, "It is to me!"

I usually say.  "Yes, it is.  You are just not at a point in your life where you can appreciate my sense of humor."

Message 80 of 298
(9,286 Views)