BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carnac the Magnificient - sarcastic answers to serious questions/comments

@Darin.K wrote:

@GregSands wrote:

I've done this (only once I think) in the Idea Exchange, and regretted making the comment as it made it more difficult to seriously evaluate the idea (sorry altenbach / AQ).  The idea was Add Roman numeral conversion tools and followed this comment:

VIs to do this will be in Beta 2 of LV 2015 in vi.lib\string\Roman Numerals.llb but will not be added to the palettes due to the lateness of the hour. They will be 

Why are you wasting time programming in LV?  Your awesome skills at creating links inside your replies are truly going to waste.  True Lithium-Fu on display there, maybe they are hiring... 

Talk about a self-referential post - a sarcastic comment to a comment about sarcastic comments in a thread listing sarcastic comments 🙂 Douglas Hofstadter would be delighted, if he ever stooped to see such inanities.

Anyhow, the error was most certainly on the human side of the keyboard, not the Lithium end.  Touché.  Smiley Embarassed  

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 298
(13,384 Views)

I love sarcasm and snark because beating the crap out of someone is illegal. Smiley Indifferent

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 12 of 298
(13,357 Views)

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/how-to-implement-this-code-in-labview/td-p/3136444/page/2

This hurts me...  I wanted to sugest a trip to www.labviewhomework.com, but I let my ownership of that domain name expire last year.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 298
(13,345 Views)

Jacobson wrote:

I feel like I would need to create an alternate account before posting a comment like that though. 

I have also always assumed that an NI employee cannot post any feedback like this?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 14 of 298
(13,289 Views)

OK Ill Play 

My advice "Refactor now before you make it any worse."

Seen Here

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 298
(13,182 Views)

I nearly added this image from Dilbert to a reply in the LabVIEW Jobs sub-forum:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Job-Openings/Validation-Engineer/m-p/3148758#M5542

I figured I would be flagged (or flogged) by Lili who does not know my twisted sense of humor yet.  I wanted to refer myself as being the guy in the yellow shirt whose name is D***.   Not sure why the site converted it to ***bleep***, after all D*** is a common man's name.

Spoiler
Yes, I nearly typed "refer myself as being D"    😄

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 298
(13,081 Views)

Ray.R wrote: I wanted to refer myself as being the guy in the yellow shirt whose name is D***.   Not sure why the site converted it to ***bleep***, after all D*** is a common man's name.

Let's just call him Richard for short...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 298
(13,073 Views)

Sometimes you just need to be more specific...http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/CREATING-RANDOM-ELEMENTS/m-p/3148234#M906654

I'm not sure how I managed to not strangle that OP (other than the obvious physical distance).  If you want to see some face palm moments, go through the whole thread.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 298
(13,072 Views)

PLEASE CHECK MY VI 

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.vi

That is a great file name...

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 298
(13,054 Views)

Try to search for "JJJJJJJJJJ" on Google/Youtube...

Maybe the resulting (frog) video is linked...

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 298
(13,050 Views)