BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carnac the Magnificient - sarcastic answers to serious questions/comments

Not perfectly fitting this thread but I was surprised this ever came up.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Using-Replace-Array-Subset-function-with-fixed-point-array/m-p/3790...

Last NIWeek I hosted Challenge the Champions and not knowing how easy/difficult people would find things I decided to add a few questions that were extremely specific and corner case that I could ask if anyone gave me sass about the questions being too easy. I figured no one would ever know how this functionality if they knew about it at all. The question was:

An I32 numeric constant is placed on the block diagram and the value is changed to 1. If the adapt to type option is deselected and the representation is changed to FXP, how will the resulting FXP constant's data type be configured?

Spoiler
Answer: +1,1
Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 191 of 298
(5,256 Views)

Oops. Angry OP. Should have posted here.

0 Kudos
Message 192 of 298
(5,237 Views)

Hate to be an operator of one of those hydraulic test rigs:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Bluetooth-woes/td-p/3793788

If one VI looks like that, the program can't not have bugs. Still weirds me out that the hardware (design, execution, even the people working on it) is scrutinized to the detail and software is just a black box doing it's thing.

Message 193 of 298
(5,179 Views)
In the back side there is a d-connection 15 pins that I have to use.

Well... I guess you should use that then. Smiley Very Happy

seen here

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 194 of 298
(5,108 Views)

@jt0117 wrote:

Hello. 
Thank you for both your help !  Looked up the state machine and defiantly found it useful, however managed to get a quick fix by bringing in the DAQ into the first timer loop. 

Cheers ! 

I am imagining a programmer sternly insisting that he found it useful, but absolutely refusing to use it.  Defiantly!

Seen here.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 195 of 298
(4,953 Views)

Ironic

Frustrated OP needs to find a therapist (or text) because...

He doesn't know how to SEARCH HIMSELF.... 

Sometimes channelling Carnac is too easy. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 196 of 298
(4,806 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

You don't think he learned how to do this in the last 18+ years? I guess the search results were a bit more sparse in the year 2000. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 197 of 298
(4,798 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

You don't think he learned how to do this in the last 18+ years? I guess the search results were a bit more sparse in the year 2000. 😄

Sorry,  I  actually was referring to the  reanimagus poster near the end of the zombie post...  I still think there is irony in... needs a therapist because he can't search himself though.. ignore punctuation and say it out loud  near a native American English speaker. Esp midwest dialects

. There is an idiom you might miss.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 198 of 298
(4,794 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Ironic

Frustrated OP needs to find a therapist (or text) because...

1. I think Jeff is actually referring to this post: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Find-a-text-inside-a-project/m-p/3845039#M1088300

2. Jeff is really off in his own world again...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 199 of 298
(4,772 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Sorry,  I  actually was referring to the  reanimagus poster near the end of the zombie post...  I still think there is irony in... needs a therapist because he can't search himself though.. ignore punctuation and say it out loud  near a native American English speaker. Esp midwest dialects

. There is an idiom you might miss.

I'm lost on this one. Only two posts in that thread, both from 2000... Was something removed?

EDIT: Crossed again.

0 Kudos
Message 200 of 298
(4,769 Views)