BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call NI to get help selecting hardware?

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

On a related note- hopefully this is a rare occurrence and not part of a trend-

I have renewed my SSP for LV IDE and Vision every year for the past two decades. I always received 1 or 2 emails with quotes many months prior to expiration which I relied on to set up a reminder in Outlook to renew.

Well, no emails arrived this year so my SSP has lapsed. 

Has this happened to any of you also?

-AK2DM

Not this year (I'm not is charge if the SSP anymore at my new company) - but in a previous job it happened 2 years running in 10 when they changed the staff responsible at the local office.

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,999 Views)

Hi AK2DM,

it happened to me (and a colleague) this year too: no reminder email prior to SSP renewal.

When I called NI several days before my SSP would have lapsed the sales guy (or was it support nowadays?) told me: "No problem, that SSP will be renewed automatically and you will get an invoice afterwards! Then your company still can decide to pay or not for renewal…"

That invoice arrived one or two weeks after the SSP renewal date…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,964 Views)

Haven't had an SSP reminder issue here.  Maybe it is because we are on a VLA but NI always starts contacting us about 3 months before it expires.  And again at 2 months, then 1 month, then 3 weeks, then 2 weeks, then 1 week.  Kind of annoying, since our purchasing process takes so long for approvals.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,936 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(2,828 Views)