From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone beat this?

My installation of Windows 98 is "original". It went thru a motherboard change (due to CPU fan fault), disk drive and RAM upgrades, numerous Windows Updates, virii, etc.

Message Edité par Jean-Pierre Drolet le 06-16-2005 08:54 PM

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,634 Views)
Hmmm, is this October 10, or May 5 1998???? 😉

Here's my old 133MHz Pentium running Windows 95.

May 22, 1998.

It came with the original Windows 95, but got a clean install of W95 OSRII at the indicated date.

(Just connected to it from home over VPN using tightVNC, then remotely downloaded and run AIDA. Nice program :))

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-16-2005 09:48 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,626 Views)
It is October 10 so you beat it. (when year is first months are always following, I have never seen YY/DD/MM used).
Was the computer used daily? Mine is my home computer and was running 24/7. That's about 6e16 CPU cycles.
Now that I've bought a new one, I'll probably reformat it and give it to the kid.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,600 Views)
Well, here's a much older one. A 120MHz Pentium, 48MB RAM, 1.2GB HD (!) still running my original LabVIEW 4 executables to control our spectrometer on a daily basis (but not much else ;)). It has an NI AT-MIO-16-E1 (ISA bus). Computer is always running 24/7.

Needed a new CPU fan every couple of years, but not much else.

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-17-2005 03:15 PM

Message 4 of 6
(6,577 Views)
Wow!

In 1997 I thought the code I was learning to write were "Vies" and had not learner how to spell Labview.

Earlier that same year one of the phd's in the department asked "Do you know LabVIEW?" I said "G I don't know."

It was only in retrospect that I realized what I had said.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 6
(6,559 Views)
Ben,

We still have a lot of work to do until LabVIEW is universally recognized by the general public. Just yesterday, a Professor walked up to my desk and then suddenly was wondering why I am studying the wiring diagram of my car ... 🙂

Of course people that know me better come up with the following standard answer to every conceivable (or inconceivable, or impossible, or joking) problem: "He'll just write a LAbVIEW program to solve it" (... and sometimes they're actually right!) 🙂

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-18-2005 08:16 AM

Message 6 of 6
(6,553 Views)