BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another book coming out soon

Hey Guys/Gals

Just wanted to say that I have another book coming out this one is not going to be as technical it will be written for 10-16 year olds. and I am one of the authors James Floyde Kelly is also writing this book with me. 

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
Message 1 of 9
(9,791 Views)

Congratulations. Out of interest sake... What is the book? Name, subject, all that stuff. Inquiring minds want to know.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(9,767 Views)

I'm still trying to find time to read your first one. You know what might make an excellent nugget? If you could post a summary of your experience writing your first book. What did you have to do to get it published, how much time was involved, was it worth it, would you do it again... Strike that last one Smiley LOL

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 3 of 9
(9,707 Views)

That is not a bad idea I will have to think something up

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,676 Views)

Ok I thought it might be a good time to give a little more information on the book as my co-author and I are on chapter 7. I am writing this book with James Floyd Kelly (He is the author of countless books and we are both co-authors of this new book). The book is going to be for ages 10 and up. It will be for complete beginners to the Arduino. It will have a fiction story that tells the tale of two students.

More to come.

check out the August issue of Wired Magazine (yours trully wrote an article and it has some more info on my new book).

Hope this gives you guys/gals a bit more info on the book:)

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
Message 5 of 9
(9,602 Views)

James Floyd Kelly*

Wow if you see this Jim sorry about that.

🙂

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,553 Views)

Ok another book update! Jim and I are about 70% done with the book, and I will be headed to the worlds maker faire in NYC in late september, so if you are going make sure you stop by the Apress booth and get a button and some info on the book. 

So far the book will help teach a kid how to use digital, analog I/O using Motors, Servos, Various sensors, LEDs, LCD, etc... with a great fiction story for the readers to follow. This book will be made for kids ages 8-12 (or anyone who wants to learn the basics of the Arduino IDE, electronics integration, micro-controllers, etc... in a fun and interesting way). 

Also for further information please read the August issue of Wired Magazine.

I hope this is helpful

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
Message 7 of 9
(9,495 Views)

Any updates on this new book?

Message 8 of 9
(9,303 Views)

You read my mind Ray. It is yet again time to update my second book is out!!!!!! 🙂

You can pick it up here:

http://www.amazon.com/Arduino-Adventures-Escape-Gemini-Station/dp/1430246057/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_3_KXS...

Also it has a companion website:

www.arduinoadventurer.com

(The website still has some work, but it will be ready soon)

Also the company I am working for is currently one of the top 10 finalists of the Insert Coin Competition sponsored by AOL and Engadget check it out here:

it is the smARtPULSE project.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/15/insert-coin-new-challengers/

Jim and I are also planning on making a bundle for this book it will be available very soon.

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(9,261 Views)