BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android App for Tracking NI Recertification Points

Hi.  I have been playing around with Android/Java in my spare time.  I have made an Android app where one can track the NI recertification points they've earned. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pulido.nipointstracker

The points are based on this link.  I would love it if you tried it out and gave me any kind of feedback.  For those of you that speak other languages, translation help would be awesome.  Thanks.

Pulido Technologies LLC

Screenshot_20190130-204438.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,245 Views)

Not being an "I-thingy" type of guy, I have scarce few apps on my smart phone.

But if the app used the microphone and listeedn for the phrases "bock diagram", "Front Panel" or any other LV related work and the attributed 0.01 points toward the re-cert...

I may just be interested.

"Hey NIegel, givew me re-cert points"

Spoiler

That of course would be dependent on me not retiring and being interested in re-certifying.  Smiley Wink

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 13
(5,187 Views)

Just found out my certification runs out this August so I might try this out.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 3 of 13
(5,161 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

Just found out my certification runs out this August so I might try this out.

You must be much smarter than me using the interweb tubes. 😮

Where exactly do I check my certification status??? (MyNI does not seem to have that information but maybe I missed it.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,148 Views)

Ah, found it on the acclaim site. Why is it so hard to find a link? Shouldn't there be a direct link on my NI profile page?

.... Seems to expire on July 25, 2019 so I guess I need to turn in all my points. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,146 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Ah, found it on the acclaim site. Why is it so hard to find a link? Shouldn't there be a direct link on my NI profile page?

.... Seems to expire on July 25, 2019 so I guess I need to turn in all my points. 😄

At one point in time I linked the certification to my LinkdIn profile so I just look there. When I recertify I will have to once again figure out how to find that information.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,141 Views)

I asked someone from NI if I could see where I was at with my recertification points, but they said it's not posted online anywhere.  A friend told me he keeps a spreadsheet of all his points earning activities (NI Week, LabVIEW User Group, etc.), but I thought there might be a more interesting way of keeping track.  Hopefully, the app is useful.  And maybe if there's enough interest, I'll teach myself Swift so it'd work on Apple devices too.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,135 Views)

Email certificationrewards@ni.com to audit your points 

I currently have 0.  But can start earning more in May.  < I'm certified til apr 2022>

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,115 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Where exactly do I check my certification status???

From the certification that you have framed on your desk.  At least that's how I've always known.  Apparently I'm good up to the end of 2023.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,088 Views)

Yes, we can find the expiration data if we search long enough, but the points we need to track ourselves and submit once it is recertification time. I am not sure if I need an app for that. I have way too many points already, so I can just pick e.g. two recent NI week presentations and get it over with. 😮

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,080 Views)