BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An application for multi-channel measurements

Does NI have a software solution for multi-channel measurements? I mean systems for measurements, tests and monitoring which contain numerous DAQ devices with thousands of sensors.

I suppose the software for such system should have the following features:

1. Instrument control
  2. Sensor management (type, s/n, accuracy, calibration data, next calibration date, measurement limits, etc.)
  3. Data acquisition
  4. Storing data in databases
  5. Data visualisation and analysis
  6. Report generation
  7. Tools for creating custom user interfaces / data visualisations for monitoring

As far as I know the DIAdem is great for data analysis, visualisation and report generation but it's not suitable for other tasks. With LabVIEW you can do anything but it's not an "out-of-the-box" solution.

Just to clarify what I'm talking about, here's an application that seems to fit the description. It's the HBM catman. Maybe someone worked with it? Do you know any analogues for it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,261 Views)

@JoLo wrote:

Does NI have a software solution for multi-channel measurements? 

Yeah it's a programming language called LabVIEW.

NI will not have a turn key solution that meets everyones needs.  But their tools are flexible enough to work well.  The needs of SpaceX are different from the needs of a robotics team on FIRST.  

For you task you'll need a decent software architect, and someone very familiar with LabVIEW and NI.  There are many aliance partners around the world that are great at what they do.  You can find them on the Alliance Partner Network, or contact NI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,251 Views)

Just to add to Hooovahh's comments.

NI has flat out stated that they do not want to make turn-key solutions.  That would take away from them being able to make tools for people to create the solutions.  That is why they have alliance partners.  These partners take the tools made by NI and make really cool stuff.  My latest project was a software package that helped a technician build a jet engine correctly so that the turbine blades do not come out and destroy the engine (just slightly important).  I have also done some test systems for space craft avionics.

So if you are really serious about this, I highly recommend finding an Alliance Partner to help you out.  If you want, give me a PM and I can work on getting you and a few people on my side to discuss your requirements and proceed from there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,247 Views)

Just to add even more to hoovah and crossrulz.

Among the Alliance Partners there are Certified LabVIEW Consultants (DISCLOSURE: Yes, I am one but to be honest, I have a day job so don't think of this as self-promotion)  These are individuals with current CLD's or CLA's that actively seek out ways to help client's "Win" with LabVIEW and, have a track record of doing so that NI has been suitably impressed with.

Your local NI Rep will know who is out their near you.

Specific to your requirements: None of them are overly taxing for a solidly experienced developer with some test experience.  And, under that guidance you should develop a solidly grounded base of internal developers and users.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,186 Views)