BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new shield for Ben: 20k!

Ben finally broke the 20k posts this morning.  Congrats, Ben.  You can now retire happy (at the end of the year).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 1 of 23
(8,791 Views)

It seems like only yesterday that I earned my first kudos from Ben.  Congratulations Brother in Wire!   Your contrbutions are most appreciated. 

Not the least of which was the Action Engine thread, still, the leader by far, the most kudosed post on the forums.

You humor and willingness to teach are an inspiration for all. And your typing skills may have been the single largest motivation for spellcheck on the forums! 😄

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 23
(8,756 Views)

Congrats Ben! Thank you for all of your contributions, I have often gotten answers from the teddy bear over the years.

Message 3 of 23
(8,751 Views)

Congratulations Ben.

I have always appreciated your mentorship on these forums,

despite your choice of football team to root for.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 23
(8,744 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

despite your choice of football team to root for.  Smiley Wink

At least it isn't the "Mistake By the Lake" (something all 3 of us can agree on).

Spoiler
For those not in the know:
RavensFan is from Baltimore (Ravens)
Ben is from Pittsburgh (Steelers)
I am from Cincinnati (Bengals)
The NLF's AFC North is well represented among the 20k+ club

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 23
(8,729 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Ben finally broke the 20k posts this morning.  Congrats, Ben.  You can now retire happy (at the end of the year).

"There is an app for that!"

84.3531 days as of 8:31 Eastern today 26-Sep-2019

Thank you to you all!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 6 of 23
(8,688 Views)

Wow Ben!

We met only once at my first NI-Week many years ago, but I remember you well. It goes without saying that I have the biggest respect and admiration for your expertise. You are one of the few remaining "old school" guys with a lifelong hands-on exposure to all major developments over the last many decades in programming as well as engineering in general. This is becoming rare but is so valuable!

Congratulations to the 20k, evenly distributed between technical and social posts. 😄 (just kidding ;))

Message 7 of 23
(8,672 Views)

Congratulations Ben !

Message 8 of 23
(8,652 Views)

Hi Ben,

I think that you were one of the first people that I ran into here on the forums. I have been here a long time. I just don't seem to have the time or drive to post 20K. I might make it there if I posted something every day for the rest of my life.

It is too bad that you will be retiring. I guess we will see your post go up exponentially from that point. You will have nothing better to do than to be here all of the time. : )

Thanks for all of your help over the years, the guidance and especially all of the war stories. : ) No one tells them better and you always seem to have a story for every condition.

Congrats,

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(8,636 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Wow Ben!

We met only once at my first NI-Week many years ago, but I remember you well.

You remembered a guy that wore a white shirt, sports coat, and wore a cap with a propeller and a teddy bear AT NI WEEK?  Smiley Surprised

It goes without saying that I have the biggest respect and admiration for your expertise. You are one of the few remaining "old school" guys

See the video below to get an idea of the first computers I was train on.

Spoiler

with a lifelong hands-on exposure to all major developments over the last many decades in programming as well as engineering in general. This is becoming rare but is so valuable!

Congratulations to the 20k, evenly distributed between technical and social posts. 😄 (just kidding ;))

Yes, I have tried to have fun along the way so I figured I would do the "Two kNight" thing to make up the difference. Smiley Happy

Thank you,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 10 of 23
(8,632 Views)