BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little something for those CLAs ready for a new challenge...

@altenbach wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

While dealing with a certain customer, I certainly feel like I'm programming inside of a tank of sharks.  Does that qualify me for the CLG?

This has been making th rounds on the internet: I imagine your meetings with customers are somewhat similar. 😄

I might just suffocate with laughter!  That is exactly what I'm seeing right now!  Except it is more of my time than scientific possibility.  "We want you to do this 30 hour task while helping this guy troubleshoot something he totally screwed up and showing this other guy who has no clue how everything works.  Oh, and it all has to be done tomorrow."  Really makes me want to move to Chicken, Alaska...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(5,443 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

While dealing with a certain customer, I certainly feel like I'm programming inside of a tank of sharks.  Does that qualify me for the CLG?

This has been making th rounds on the internet: I imagine your meetings with customers are somewhat similar. 😄

I saw this elsewhere today.  Oh, I've been in meetings like this before.

It seems to be a modern sickness that "It can't be done" is almost universally seen as an untenable statement.  Sometimes it's simply true!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(5,419 Views)

I'm sure that there is a way to do that with LabVIEW!

Perhaps some undocumented function node features..... But seriously folks.  What would it really take to coerce a few booleans and some JKI wire-nuts into a 7D array of strings?  Toss in some wierd wires and........you have Kittens!   Heck, you should really be asking an expert!

If that won't solve it, assign BUS #00001 to a CLG and throw the CLG under the BUS. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(5,405 Views)

I'm sure that there is a way to do that with LabVIEW!

Perhaps some undocumented function node features..... But seriously folks.  What would it really take to coerce a few booleans and some JKI wire-nuts into a 7D array of strings?  Toss in some wierd wires and........you have Kittens!

I'm  certain it is possible but,    Heck, you should really be asking an expert!

If that won't solve it, assign BUS #00001 to a CLG and throw the CLG under the BUS. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(5,405 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

These kinds of discussions take place all the time in Washington DC.  "Let me be clear: If you want parallel perpendicular lines you can have parallel perpendicular lines. Period." Smiley Indifferent

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(5,365 Views)

Yes, the entire parallel argument was flawed due to insufficient information.

• Who said that the lines cannot be curved? (the switch to kittens actually showd that they don't have to be straight)
  • Who said the lines are limited to 2D?
  • You can draw a red line with blue ink if you later move it fast enough to generate a redshift. 😮
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(5,362 Views)

My wife said to make a bunch of lines that would then form a cat kitten.  But then it would be more than 7 lines.  And who would want a red cat kitten?  But we need to do it with green ink anyways.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(5,358 Views)