From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tomographic image reconstruction using LabVIEW acquired data

Hi All,

There is another simple example in the book . Although it does not include backprojection filter, it is another good example for learning fan-beam tomograph reconstruction:

tomography.png

You could download the code in

http://www.informit.com/content/images/0130474150/CDContents/0130474150_CDContents.zip . And find this example under exercises\exercises\Chapter_2_ImageGeneration.zip\Chapter_2_ImageGeneration.

Maybe you could try to improve it by incorporating backprojection filters.

Thanks!

ZJ Gu

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 35
(3,140 Views)

Years ago, I think I remember this was included in the LabVIEW examples.    Because I know I have seen it before at some point

.....Don

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 35
(3,140 Views)

rpursley8 wrote:

Here is an example (LV 8.6) that I have a slice of a 3-tube phantom.  The backprojection filters are written in Mathscript so you need that toolkit to execute that part of the code.  I placed that part of the code in a Diagram Disable Structure.  The other frame has a constant that contains a Cosine filter.  I also added a Wait function to the reconstruction loop so you can see the final image as it builds up.

Great work Rpursley8.  The cosine filter is a reasonable default as a  deconvolution filter.  I think another approach that would not require  mathscript would be use of  the signal processing window functions included in LabVIEW applied to the FFT result.  I slightly modified your example to show this for use of the LabVIEW general cosine window, but your cosine coefficients does a better deblurring job.

Don

Message 13 of 35
(3,140 Views)

Randall - I think you are right regarding the mis-application of the LabVIEW window functions for the frequency-based result because the FFT result is symmetric about 0 Hz and thus the filter must also be.  But I wonder if there is a way to make these windows useful for this application.  ZJ - can you comment on this?

Don

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 35
(3,140 Views)

Hi Don and Randall,

Thanks for discussing about the window function I checked with all the window functions. It seems no function match such a application requirement. But we could apply such a window using a simple code segment:

tomo1.png

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 35
(3,140 Views)

Thanks ZJ - this strategy works very well and should allow us to experiment with other filters outside of mathscript.

Sincerely,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 35
(3,140 Views)

HI ALL FRDS,

From can i get online data of sets of 2D image

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 35
(3,140 Views)

Dear All,

I am encouraged to see some ongoing interest in tomographic image reconstruction and processing with LabvVIEW

I have had an interest in using LabVIEW for non-cartesian MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) signal processing and image reconstruction (for about the last 5-10 years)

In my current application, raw data is aquired on an MRI scanner, or Digital Reciever (non-NI) attached to an MRI scanner and then processed in LabVIEW.

For 3-D or 4D (3D + time series data) I had used LabVIEW with a gridding reconstruction (interpolation and fourier transform) algortihm which is much faster than the 3D inverse radon transform.

Currently I use a command line call to compiled multi-threaded fortran code, but would like to call 64-bit linux shared libraries. This is to have large matrix sizes and shared memory. At the moment the biggest difficulty is that there is no (to my knowledge) 64-bit linux LabVIEW. Is anybody using a beta?

Anyway, it sounds like folks are interested in 2D radon transform. I do have some old code from grad school for this (implemented in LabVIEW). THere is the example code that has been pointed out. I have not used the MathScript version of the inverse radon transform, but am interested in folk's experiences...

Best,

Curt

ocillogram.png

Curt Corum, Ph.D.
Center for Magnetic Resonance Research
University of Minnesota
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 35
(3,140 Views)

Sir,

I am finding very hard for Developing Radon Transform and proceesing 2D image for improment of Image resolusion in labVIEW.Can u forward me some code related to CT imaging.

Thakns,

Pravin.

Message 19 of 35
(3,140 Views)

On my work I also collect the 3D MRI data with Labview. Tried to do the 3D filtered backprojection reconstruction on labview at first, but it

was quite impossible to debug the code. So I wrote a prototype with Matlab, and finally a C DLL for performance.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
LV 8.2 at Windows & Linux

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 35
(3,140 Views)