From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tomographic image reconstruction using LabVIEW acquired data

Has anyone here had experience with the inverse radon transformation for  tomographic image reconstruction using LabVIEW acquired data?

Message 1 of 35
(27,638 Views)

We do x-ray and terahertz ct at NASA. The vendor who developed the terahertz ct system uses LabVIEW to acquire the data, and then uses the radon transform from matlab I believe to reconstruct the data from the sinograms which are stored as txt files. I have to look at the ct manual again - I think a matlab script is called directly versus the use of a mathscript node in LabVIEW. I can give you a contact at the vendor if you need more details.

Don

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 35
(6,647 Views)

I use the Vision toolkit to perform the inverse radon transform. The attached is saved as LV 8.6

Iradon.png

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 35
(6,647 Views)

Great example!

Do you have any real data for us to play with? Could you save an example dataset to your VI as default value?

Thanks!

ZJ Gu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 35
(6,647 Views)

I am interested in an example as well and also what backprojection filter(s) you applied.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 35
(6,647 Views)

We are in the early stages of research and development.  Currently we are collecting data to which we intend to apply the inverse radon transform using Matlab.  I posted because I am interested in the experience of others.  As to sharing data, this would require NDA's but if you are interested in contributing you can express this by emailing me at sraylab@gmail.com.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 35
(6,647 Views)

I think that both ZJ and I thought that rpursley8 might have example / example data....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 35
(6,647 Views)

Thanks for the clarification.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 35
(6,647 Views)

Here is an example (LV 8.6) that I have a slice of a 3-tube phantom.  The backprojection filters are written in Mathscript so you need that toolkit to execute that part of the code.  I placed that part of the code in a Diagram Disable Structure.  The other frame has a constant that contains a Cosine filter.  I also added a Wait function to the reconstruction loop so you can see the final image as it builds up.

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 35
(6,647 Views)

Thanks!

This is a great example for showing the tomography reconstruction.

ZJ Gu

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 35
(6,647 Views)