Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tomographic image reconstruction using LabVIEW acquired data

Has anyone here had experience with the inverse radon transformation for  tomographic image reconstruction using LabVIEW acquired data?

Message 1 of 35
(27,654 Views)

We do x-ray and terahertz ct at NASA. The vendor who developed the terahertz ct system uses LabVIEW to acquire the data, and then uses the radon transform from matlab I believe to reconstruct the data from the sinograms which are stored as txt files. I have to look at the ct manual again - I think a matlab script is called directly versus the use of a mathscript node in LabVIEW. I can give you a contact at the vendor if you need more details.

Don

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 35
(6,663 Views)

I use the Vision toolkit to perform the inverse radon transform. The attached is saved as LV 8.6

Iradon.png

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 35
(6,663 Views)

Great example!

Do you have any real data for us to play with? Could you save an example dataset to your VI as default value?

Thanks!

ZJ Gu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 35
(6,663 Views)

I am interested in an example as well and also what backprojection filter(s) you applied.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 35
(6,663 Views)

We are in the early stages of research and development.  Currently we are collecting data to which we intend to apply the inverse radon transform using Matlab.  I posted because I am interested in the experience of others.  As to sharing data, this would require NDA's but if you are interested in contributing you can express this by emailing me at sraylab@gmail.com.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 35
(6,663 Views)

I think that both ZJ and I thought that rpursley8 might have example / example data....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 35
(6,663 Views)

Thanks for the clarification.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 35
(6,663 Views)

Here is an example (LV 8.6) that I have a slice of a 3-tube phantom.  The backprojection filters are written in Mathscript so you need that toolkit to execute that part of the code.  I placed that part of the code in a Diagram Disable Structure.  The other frame has a constant that contains a Cosine filter.  I also added a Wait function to the reconstruction loop so you can see the final image as it builds up.

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 35
(6,663 Views)

Thanks!

This is a great example for showing the tomography reconstruction.

ZJ Gu

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 35
(6,663 Views)