Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin conductance

Greetings all members

I just wondered if somebody in this forum are interesting in skin conductance? I am planing to post electrical circuit diagram how to build instructions for an advanced, high accuracy AC skin conductance meter. And of course all needed Labview software as sourcecode, needed for for both collecting and analysis of skin conductance. The device will be using a 3-electrode system, and a soundcard for data acquisition. The construction is quite simple and can be built on a prototype board. Only a few opamps are needed

But this is some work for me like documenting things. So I need to know if someone are interested in this

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29
(15,229 Views)

Based on my experience monitoring the applications for LabVIEW in the biomedical community, I think that this information would be very useful for the group...especially to the undergraduate teaching programs, where skin conductance is a common "lab" physiological measurement.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29
(4,491 Views)

I am new to this forum, so where shall i post it. Here, in blog, or documents

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29
(4,491 Views)

First of all, this woiuld be very useful information, so please so post your material.  I tried creating a simple lie detector with LabVIEW a couple of years ago, and this would have really helped.

Second, I think that the documents section would be a natural place.

Thanks!

P.J.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(4,491 Views)

I would certainly be interested in any analysis tools you have developed.  I may be involved in analyzing this kind of data on monkeys and will need to learn to identify artifacts in addition to actually interpreting the data.

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(4,491 Views)

Hallo Randall

I think using the 3-electrode system will benefit your application. You will have a lot of artifacts no doubt. But the cool thing about the 3-electrode system is that it only uses one electrode for measurement( only 1 electrode take part in the measurement)  and, is therefore more immune to movement atrifacts compared two a more simple 2-electrode system that has two active electrodes

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(4,491 Views)

Hi all

I am going to publish the full skin conductance system. As a teaser I post the draft for the full schematics. I think it will take up to two weeks for the rest.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(4,491 Views)

Thanks for your work,

I could help out by taking the schematics and creating properly designed PCB board files that anyone can send out to get manufactured.  If you are reading small signals you must ensure that all sources of noise are ketp to a minimal on your wiring and pcb boards.  Just let me know when you have the final schematics.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29
(4,491 Views)

Thank you for your interest. I am still working with the documentation. But the circuit is the same. If anyone want to test drive I can provide a test program. Remember also that noise is not so critical in this application. Since I use the same techniques as in lock-in amplifiers (but no PLL)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29
(4,491 Views)

Hi,

Is it an interesting project. What's this project planed for? Something like this?

http://www.open-ecg-project.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=1

I can help with the labview program and implement the circuit onto strip board, which can be built without making pcbs. Let me know where to start.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(4,491 Views)